Epilogue

The wind was blowing the thin grass from the moorland in the late summer afternoon. The wild herbs cracked under the domination of the footsteps of two young men who were walking, holding hands, letting their engagement rings touch from time to time. The first one wearied an elegant blue French suit, with his white hair tied up in a golden ribbon,his blue gaze scanning the surroundings as they walked. The second one's clothing was grey,  exuding shiness and insecurity, but also a weird tone of happiness. The first one sighted.
-The second of July.... What a blessed day.
-Yeah...., the other one responded. He is such a beautiful child.
-I spoke to the nurses at the orphanage, the other one said excited. She said that next week we can take him home.... I can't wait!
The men dressed in grey chuckeled at the other men excitement. It was a moment of silence until he spoke:
-Joseph?
-Hm?
-Do you think we are making the good thing? I mean, being parents is not like a walk through the park, it will be hard,and we have been through that game too....
-Screw the game! It is in the past forget it...
-But think a bit, if he reached for us, what if he reaches for him, too? Maybe it will be better to let him where he is....
-How can you say that? Aesop, being extra protective and having insecurities is not a solution.... It will be hard, obviously, there will be challenges, of course, but we were born for this! Besides, he continued with an amused tone,it is not possible for those two nuckeheads to have two kinds and us to have none.
-Naib and Jack?! Two kids? Surprisingly.......
-Yeah, I know, I received a letter from those two, the older one I think is called Michael and the other Mars, or something like that....
-Mars?
-Yeah, I know, such a peculiar name..... But they said that he is a good kid. Both of them are. But ours will be the best....
-How should we  name him?
-Hmm, I don't know...
-What about Timothy?
-Timothy?! Uh, God, no, it sound weird, no offense. HM.... What about Dominic, it sounds so nice.
-Pf, you and your fancy names.....
-Hey, it is a great name, it inspires elegance. And we can nickname him Domi, it sounds so cute....
-Ok,then, let it be Dominic.....
They finished their walk in silence, enjoying the summer wind blowing their faces.
As they returned home, Aesop climbed the few stairs to the second floor of the house. He passed Dominic's future room, caching a glimpse of the stars painted on the walls of the room by Joseph, just a few days ago. That made him smile. Then he entered his office,set at his desk and he was preparing to check of some documents when he caught, with the corner of his eye, a glimpse of something that made his blood turn to ice in his veins. A red envelope. Aesop hadn't seen one of those in two years. It took it with shaking hands. He knew what the letter was hiding even before he unwrapped it, and saw the stilish handwriting, written with golden ink. He dropped it on the desk with a gasp, like it was cursed. He took the scissors from his desk and cut it in hundreds of small pieces but it was useless. The words were impregnated into his brain like a death omen.

             "We will meet again"