Chapter 10: Returning the Favor

Keigo's POV

My eyes fluttered open just to see a very bright object above me. It irritated my eyes at first but my sight started to adjust at the environment. My vision returned to me. I was placed in a small room with only silence as my company.

'Where am I?' memories of what happened at the mall flashed in my mind.

'The fire, Dabi, what happened?! Wait, where's (y/n)?'

I flapped my wings for a bit. I noticed that the number of feathers in my wings decreased due to the fight with the two villains. The silence was broken by the creaking of the door. A nurse entered, holding a tray containing a glass of water and food.

"I'm glad you're awake, sir Hawks," she said and placed the tray on the table, "You have to eat these and drink a lot of water. We can't have you get dehydrated like what happened a few hours ago."

'A few hours ago? What time is it?' I looked around the room for a clock. There was a small clock stuck against the wall.

6:00 P.M

The room went dead silent for a moment.

"W-where's (l/n)?" my voice cracked. My throat felt awfully dry. The nurse handed me the glass of water and I gladly took it.

"(L/n)-chan? I'm sorry sir but I don't know who they are."

"She's a girl with (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes-" I coughed for a moment before continuing, "She's wearing a black jacket and her skin is (s/c)."

The nurse nodded, "Alright sir, I'll let you know if I find her. But for the meantime, please eat the food we have prepared."

"I will, thank you," the nurse opened the door and left the room. I waited nervously for her to come back but I decided to eat because of how hungry I felt.

(Y/n)'s POV

I was taken back to reality after remembering the things that happened to me back to the asylum. My cheeks felt cold, as I reached a hand I realized that I had been crying. I've been crying in public!

I quickly wiped away the tears from my cheeks and looked around for Keigo.

'No signs of him yet...'

"Uhm, excuse me but are you miss (l/n)?" a feminine voice said. A nurse walked in front of me, she had a pale pink - ish hair and her face was covered with a pink blush.

I nod, trying to figure out what she's going to do next. I dipped my head down, I don't really like making eye contact with strangers.

"Oh that's great! You see, sir Hawks is looking for you," my head perked up at hearing his name.

"I-is he okay?"

"He's in a stable condition. Sir Hawks is probably eating right-"

"C-can you take me to h-him?" I interrupted her. I know it's rude of me to interrupt someone when they're saying something but I want to see him. And I wanna make sure that he's really okay.

"Oh sure, come follow me!" she started to walk away, I trailed behind her. She opened the door, I quickly entered to see Keigo eating hospital food.

"(L/n)?!" he said in shock. Unexpectedly, I found myself rushing to him and engulfing him in a hug. I don't know why I'm acting like this, it was totally out of character for me to hug a person.

Keigo's POV

I was taken aback when (y/n) wrapped her arms around me. This was the first time I saw her look so worried about me. I patted her soft (h/c) hair to reassure her that everything is fine.

"I'll give you some privacy," the nurse got out of the room and gently closed the door.

"I'm glad you're safe..." I said. She broke the hug and stared at me for a moment.

"I-I should be the one s-saying that," she gave a saddened expression.

"Aww, don't be sad. I'm fine now, see," I gave her a toothy grin just to at least lighten up the atmosphere.

"I'm s-sorry for letting y-you get hurt. If only I-I had helped you then this wouldn't have h-happened," she lowered her head. I could see tiny droplets of tears rolling down her face.

'What did I do?! Why is she crying?' I panicked a bit, seeing her in this condition felt like a thousand needles had plunged into my heart.

"No (l/n), it's not your fault. You did what you can and I thank you for that. I'm glad you were brave enough to go back and save me before I could be turned into ash," I chuckled a bit at my statement. The (h/c)-nette stared at me with her puffy (e/c) eyes. She looked pitiful, I just wanna hug her again.

"B-but still I-"

I raised a finger before she could say more. I can't let negativity get into her, she needs a brighter life.

"Listen (l/n)-chan, please don't blame yourself for this. It's my fault for not taking care of myself, not yours," I placed a hand of her shoulder, squeezing it comfortingly.

She didn't respond but instead, she gave a nod. Well at least that's over. Her eyes still held a little bit of sadness, that's what I gotta fix.

"Say, once I get out of this hospital I'll treat you anything as a reward for saving me."

(Y/n)'s POV

I can't stop thinking that I'm the one to blame for everything that happened to Keigo. Actually, everytime something bad happens I'd always think that I'm responsible for it. Many people in the asylum would blame me for my mistakes that's why I feel so insecure around everyone.

I stared at the floor, waiting for another reply.

"Say, once I get out of this hospital I'll treat you anything as a reward for saving me."

'Did he just say reward?' I stopped staring at the floor and looked back at Keigo. I never got a reward from anybody, not even from my parents.

"A t-treat?" I asked, trying to clear out if I heard him right. He's done so many things for me and I did nothing to return the favor!

"Yep," he did a thumbs up, flashing his signature grin "Oh, and you can't refuse the offer."

I wanted to refuse but I guess it's too late for that... I had no choice but to let him.

"So, what do want to do?" he suddenly asked. I stayed silent for a minute, contemplating on the possible things that I can get.

'What to get? Maybe I could get a new set of shoes, but that would be expensive. Or maybe food, but I'm still full. Arghh! Think (y/n).'

I rubbed my fingers in my temple, trying to think of something to buy. But maybe I don't need to. Then, a light bulb lit up in my mind.

"C-can we go t-to an aquarium?"

Why an aquarium you ask? Well ever since I was a child, I've always wanted to see different sea creatures. Sadly, my family was busy so we couldn't really go on to trips.

"The aquarium? Well sure, I can't totally take you there," I didn't really expect him to agree so fast. I thought he still has to do some sort of careful thinking before bringing a stranger to the aquarium. But inside, happiness bursted inside of me. I'm finally going to see the marine animals!

I suddenly realized that I was smiling like a creep and I was hopping. That's right, hopping! I'm totally an embarrassment. I stopped hopping and felt the heat travel in my cheeks. From a distance, I could hear Hawks' soft chuckles ring in my ears.

"That's kind of cute (l/n)-chan."

------------------------------------

Ahhh, fluffs...

My inspiration to write has returned! Now all I need is time to write and a little bit of food, okay maybe a LOT of food.

I've been trying to make this story fluffy for Y'all because... I HAVE TO.