Chapter 11: A Sighting

(F/s/a) stands for Favourite Sea Animal

------------------------------------

(Y/n)'s POV

After a day, Keigo got discharged from the hospital. As we got out he immediately got swarmed with news reporters. Luckily, we escaped from them and I didn't get a heart attack from all the crowd that was surrounding us... hurrah.

We went shopping for clothes, then we headed back to his apartment. I still kept a far distance from people as we walked. Keigo got distracted by a food stand (cause he probably saw chicken). While he was busy talking with the vendor, I found myself looking at the crowd. Men, women, children and elders walked the road. Most of the men wore business suits and most of the women wore a dress that made them look so formal.

But from the crowd, there's one person that caught my eye. I couldn't quite see their face from afar but it made my skin stood up. The person happened to be grinning at me. Not one of those sweet grins, but a grin that had the intention to kill. Many people passed by and I lost sight of the person. Was I just seeing things?

"Eyy (l/n)-chan!" I snapped from my daze. Keigo had been clicking his fingers in front of me while holding a yakitori. (A yakitori is kind of a chicken skewer grilled in charcoal in Japan)

"We have to go before it rains," he pointed at the sky. The clouds were beginning to turn into gray, and some of it started to block the shining sun. We both hurriedly ran to the apartment. The image of that person remained in my head, it felt like I saw them already. But thinking about that person just made me scared so I had to get the thought out of my head.

Not too long, we have made it to the apartment building. And it was a perfect timing, drops of rain started to fall. It gave an earthly smell as it hit the pavement. I've never seen rain for a long time, and now I'm fascinated by it. The droplets of water had immediately covered the once dried road and now it was creating puddles.

I want to feel the rain.

Slowly, I walked to the open door. I extended a hand and held it out to feel the rain. My hand slightly shivered when the rain touched my skin, but I started getting used to it. I smiled. The rain brings back a lot of my childhood memories.

"Look mommy it's raining!" my nine - year old self said, bouncing on the couch with excitement. Mom turned to me with a soft smile.

"That's great! Now the plants can finally get water."

"But mom, didn't we already water the plants from the garden?" I turned to face her.

"Yes, but not all the plants get to have water. Like the ones that are from our neighbor's house, they don't really water their plants that's why they die easily," she looked at our neighbor's house. I stared at their garden to observe the plants. So they are dying...

The bush in their garden looked a bit dried up. Some of the flower petals started to fall due to the heaviness of the rain. But the rest of the plants still looked okay.

"Why aren't they watering it?" I asked.

"I don't know, maybe the people there are too lazy to do it," she shrugged.

"That's why you shouldn't go lazying on your bed or else you won't be able to finish your chores!" mom started tickling my sides.

"Ah, no! Not the tickles," I began to laugh and roll over the couch. Mom always knew where to find my tickle spots, she's the one who always finds time to hang out with me. Dad was always busy with work but he also tries to get home to visit us.