Chapter 17: Fighting for Sanity

(Y/n)'s POV

I carefully opened the box, I thought it contained some useful items but I was so wrong. I threw the box as far as I could, never wanting to see it again.

The small box contained the head of Doctor Hirayama. Flies were surrounding his rotting head and I could see the flesh of his neck dangling out.

'Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, sh*t,' I could feel my sanity slowly drift away. I put off the flashlight and gripped my hair tightly that my scalp started to hurt. I rocked myself back and forth, thinking about my happy place. I imagined myself in a peaceful land with no blood, corpses of people, or any chaos. But it didn't last long, the paradise I once pictured had started to turn black. It was like the colour was sucked out of it and only monochrome can be seen.

The beautiful trees dried out and the leaves fell off, turning into ashes. The green grass was turned into a brown - ish colour, signifying that it had just died. Then there was me, my own self was facing back at me. She's the only one that had colours, she was the only one full of life and energy. She turned herself towards me. I was the opposite of her, all gray and dull. Most of all, I'm lifeless unlike her.

'(Y/n) snap out of it.' she said.

I was taken back to reality. I just realised that I was dreaming, it seemed that I fainted when I saw doctor Hirayama's head. I stood up and took the flashlight. I pushed my ear to the door to hear if anyone is close by, then, there was silence. Opening the door, I peeked my head out just in case if Toga might be around here.

I slowly tiptoed my way out of the room and used the flashlight to navigate my way towards the exit. I'm pretty sure I'm leaving footprints behind because of the blood that came from Doctor Hirayama.

Keigo's POV

It's 11:00 P.M now. I already roamed the whole park and yet, there were no traces of (y/n). The only thing I saw was a huge hole with spikes underneath. Why does the park have a hole with spikes in it?

'Where could she be?!' I was so worried that it's killing me. There are a lot of places that (y/n) may be right now. I took out my phone and searched for the mental asylum that (y/n) was in. The Internet displayed numerous websites, I clicked on the first one that I saw. A lot of information popped out about the mental asylum.

It was incredibly big, the information says that it contained a training ground for patients to train their quirks. The padded cells are all sound - proof and some can even withstand destruction. I searched for the patients, there were 109 names overall from the ones with dangerous quirks to the ones that have harmless quirks.

I immediately clicked on the name Himiko Toga and the website took me to her personal information. She was a girl diagnosed with schizophrenia and she killed 2 people who were doctors. I looked for the location of the mental institute. Once I saw the exact location, I flew off to investigate there.

Toga's POV

(Y/n) is sure good at hiding. I waltzed from door to door to find all of them empty. She can't go too far, not when I placed some traps around the asylum. I whistled my favourite tune as I played around with the knife in my hand.

There was one door that was opened, I went there and my grin grew wider.

"I knew she'd be here..." I followed the blood trail, it's a good thing I left the doctor's body in this room. The doctor's blood was very helpful to track (y/n).

(Y/n)'s POV

I made it down to the 4th floor. The corridor was very messed up and destroyed. The path made it hard for me to escape since a lot of rubbles blocked my way. I stopped for a while when I saw a crowbar buried in a pile of rubble. I picked it up and continued running, now at least I have a weapon to defend myself.

I was about to turn to another direction when a shadow of a person caught my eye. Realising that it was Toga's, I immediately killed the lights and searched for a place to hide. There were no rooms to hide for me.

"Oh (y/n)! Come out, come out wherever you are~" she shouted. I hid behind the big pile of rubble, keeping my mouth shut. For what felt like eternity, the whole asylum went silent. It's as if Toga just disappeared.

"Found you..."

For a moment, my heart stopped beating. Toga pointed her knife against my neck, I can feel the cold steel getting in contact with my skin. Just one wrong move and I could be dead. A single tear slid down to my cheeks, I couldn't breathe properly.

'I have no choice. I have to do this,' as quickly as I can, I grabbed the arm that Toga used to hold her knife. Then I activated my quirk. It was only for a few seconds before my quirk handcuffs activated. But I was able to get away from her. I could hear Toga's cry, I regret using my quirk against her but I have no choice. Grabbing the crowbar, I sprinted away and I didn't look back.

My quirk handcuffs connected with each other, now I'll be cuffed like this for 5 minutes.

Toga's POV

I looked at my bleeding arm. It was horrible, my once perfect skin had turned into this black - ish colour. I grit my teeth together, the demons inside me wanted to kill the one responsible for my injuries. She must pay for this. She committed a lot of sins so I have to punish her!

'I have to kill (y/n).'

She may have escaped from me again but it won't be long till I get her head. I was about to chase her again but then I heard another voice echo in the asylum.

"(L/n)-chan?!" a male voice shouted.

My grin returned, now I have another person to kill. I dismissed (y/n) for a moment and focused on getting to the guy looking for her. This is going to be so much fun!

'I'm going to make you happy, mom and dad.'