Chapter Ten

•••

•••

Autumn was basically ripped from Finnick's grasp almost the moment to woke up by her stylists who rushed her off of the District Four floor.

The stylists took her down to the same place she started in the Capital at. They repeated the same routine.

They waxed her, combed her hair, and washed her down. She was then taken back to Everlee, who gave her her dress right away.

The dress was a deep blue at the top that became lighter and lighter until it was white at the bottom. It was long sleeved, the sleeves being made out of see through lace, along with the top layer of the skirt. The bottom layer of the skirt only went to Autumn's mid thigh. The top was form fitting and wrapped around Autumn's chest and neck like a wave of water. Overall, the dress was beautiful.

Autumn was then sat in front of a mirror where the makeup artists got to work. They put blue glittered eyeshadow on her eyelids. They put dark blue lipstick on her lips and then did her eyeliner before getting to work on her hair.

They curled her hair and pinned it back so it fell in waves over her shoulders. They took diamonds and pinned then in her hair. Her look was finally complete and now all she had to do was wait.

•••

The many victors were lined up behind stage together. Finnick walked up to Autumn and spun her around, commenting about how stunning she looked in blue.

Finnick tried to kiss Autumn, but he was smacked on the chest by a stylist before he got the chance. The stylist scolded him and told them they couldn't kiss until after the interview as he might smear Autumn's lipstick.

They took their spots standing next to each other behind District Three, watching as the interviews began.

The two siblings from District One began to cry on stage. Autumn knew it was fake, but she was glad they did this to try and and stop the Games.

District Two didn't do much to try and convince the Capital to stop the Games. But that was expected as they probably wanted to win glory for a second time.

Wiress mumbled through most of her interview, but Beetee talked about how the Quarter Quell could be undone. It didn't help convince anyone to end the Games, but it was very interesting.

Autumn was then called on stage. She looked back at Finnick for a moment before disappearing from his vision as she walked up the stairs.

"From District Four, the victor of the seventieth Hunger Games, Autumn Reeves!" Caesar Flickerman yelled into his microphone. Autumn plastered a fake smile on her face as she walked onto the stage.

Caesar took her hand, spinning her around so that the Capital citizens and the camera could get a good look at her dress.

"My, my, you look lovely tonight!" Caesar smiled.

"Well thank you, Caesar," Autumn smiled.

"So I must ask, how do you feel about these Games?" Caeser asked her. Autumn glanced up at the victors standing on the shadows above the stage. She looked down at the crowd of adoring Capital citizens. She had to be very careful with her words.

"All I'm going to say is that nothing lasts forever and history repeats itself. I am not worried for myself. I have bigger things to worry about," Autumn told him.

"Are you talking about Finnick Odair?" Caeser asked with a knowing smile. Autumn nodded. "May I ask, do you love him? You two don't comment on your relationship often."

"I love Finnick Odair," Autumn smiled into the camera. If she couldn't straight out scream in anger at the Capital, she may as well try to win their sympathy as Katniss and Peeta have done. "I have never met someone more kind, smart, or strong than he is. He is the most amazing person and, yes, I am in love with him." Awes filled the room.

"Wonderful," Caeser smiled. "And it has been wonderful to have you." Caeser kisses Autumn's hand be for letting her walk to the back of the stage and up the stairs to the rest of the victors.

Finnick soon came on, the crowd going wild. Caeser smiled at Finnick, greeting him with a firm handshake.

"So, Finnick, I understand you have a message for someone," Caeser spoke. Finnick smiled with the nod of his head. "A special someone."

Finnick took Caesar's microphone and turned towards where Autumn was standing above the stage.

"Autumn, could you come down here please?" Finnick spoke. More awes and gasps came from the crowd as Autumn walked down back onto the stage.

Autumn stopped in front of Finnick, unsure of what was going on. Finnick then handed the microphone back to Caeser and took Autumn's hands in his own. Caeser came up next to the couple, holding the microphone to Finnick's mouth.

"My love," Finnick began. "You have my heart for all of eternity. There is nobody more perfect for me. Nobody more caring, brave, beautiful, or intelligent than you. I will die in that arena, if that means you will live. I love you more than anything else in this world, Autumn Reeves, and I hope to be with you for all of eternity."

Finnick then grappled Autumn's waist and pressed his lips to hers in a kiss. For a single second, it was as if the entire scene around them dissolved and it was just Autumn and Finnick kissing, the two of them in love.