Ziley - The One Where She came to Utah

-2007-

"Miley! Babygirl it's time to wake up!"

Miley let out a loud tired moan when her mothers voice broke through the fog of sleep clouding her mind. They were going to Utah to film her cameo for High School Musical 2. She rubbed her eyes as she forced herself into a sitting position.

"MILEY!"

She heard again, rolling her eyes. "I'm up mom!" It hadn't fully registered with her what exactly she was doing that morning. Or where she was going to be that afternoon. With the guy she could never stop thinking about, who also had no idea what a humongous crush she on him. It only hit her when she was brushing her teeth after her shower and received a text from one of her best friends, Ashley Tisdale.

From Ashie to Milez: Hey girlie! We're all so excited for u to get here! :)

Miley glanced at her phone and almost choked on her toothpaste when she remembered who she was seeing. She quickly spit out the toothpaste and rinsed her mouth, grabbing her phone to reply back.

From Milez to Ashie: OMFG dude. I completely blanked and forgot about today! Lmao! I can't wait to see u all! <3

She paused and chewed on her bottom lip, debating whether or not to ask about him. Ashley was one of the only people, no, the only person, to know about her secret love for Zac. Yes, she knew he was dating Vanessa Hudgens. But in her personal opinion, Vanessa was as fake as a Chanel bag being sold on the streets of New York. She snickered to herself at the thought and fired out another text message before pulling the towel off her wet hair to let it air dry while she did her make up. She had to look her best for him.

Miley: uh, how's Z? :)

Ashley: I knew u'd ask lol. Honestly he and V have been fighting a lot when they think no one is watching. Plus I've noticed he's been getting more and more nervous each day we got closer to today. He keeps asking Kenny when ur coming ;)

Miley's breath got caught in her throat when she read that last sentence. She couldn't believe it.

Miley: ...

She was speechless. She couldn't think straight. Especially with her mother yelling at her from downstairs telling her they were going to miss their flight. She sighed and quickly got dressed before rushing down with her carryon and hand bag.

------

Zac nervously ran his hand through his hair as all of the cast and crew sat and had breakfast together. Everyone around him were laughing and talking, and as badly as he wanted to join them, his nerves wouldn't let him. All he could think of was Miley and how soon she was going to be here and he had to act like she wasn't all he ever thought about.

The truth behind him and Vanessa was that they were being forced to be together for publicity for HSM. At first they did have some chemistry. But now he was tired of her nagging and her fake smiles and acts of kindness. He was so lost in his thoughts he didn't realize someone was poking his arm until that person shoved him. He snapped out of it and looked to his left, finding a small petite blonde smirking at him.

"Mr. Efron, you really shouldn't let your mind wander off into those 'forbidden' thoughts." His best friend, and the only person who knew about his Cyrus crush, Ashley Tisdale playfully scolded him.

Zac rolled his eyes, knowing her comment had no dirty meanings to it. But he knew she was right. He couldn't just start thinking about Miley in front of everyone. "I wasn't. I was just thinking about the choreography we have for All For One." He cleared his throat and gave her a believing confident smile.

Ashley raised her eyebrow at him. "Bullshit. You may be an actor, but I can see right through your lies."

Pinching his nose, he sighed. "Okay fine." He lowered his voice so no one else could hear them. "I'm freaking out."

She smiled in triumph but then paused. "Why?" She said quietly. "You shouldn't be."

He hesitated but then grabbed her hand, pulling her up and out of the private room they were dining in. Once making sure they were alone, he turned to face her. "I don't know how I'm going to hide how I feel while she's here in front of me everyday. Especially in front of Vanessa." He sighed.

Ashley frowned in understanding. "Well.. Just pretend it's improv. Just stay in character as Troy. Troy is in love with Gabriella Montez, not Miley Stewart."

Zac chuckled at her analogy but nodded. "Yeah, good idea. Thanks Ash."

Ashley smiled in welcome as her phone buzzed in her pocket. She pulled it out and checked the new text.

Miley: We're hereeee! :DDD

She cleared her throat and looked up at her friend. "Show time."

--

Hi guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm new to Wattpad so I'm not exactly sure how everything works.. But the next chapter is Jariana! :)