Jariana - The One With The I Love You

-2012-

Ping.

Ping.

Ping.

Pingpingpingpingping--

That was all Ariana heard as she attempted to concentrate on the script in front of her. She was at a table read for Victorious and Jai wouldn't stop texting her. She didn't even know what he was doing awake. It was almost five in the morning back in Melbourne. Her phone kept buzzing in her bag and she prayed her boss, Dan Schneider couldn't hear it.

"Ariana?" She heard him call her name and her head snapped up.

"Yes?" She asked nervously, clutching her bag under the table, hoping he would stop texting her.

Dan grinned at her, not the type of man to get angered easily. "It's your line."

Ariana blushed, looking down at her script. "Right..uh.. Where were we?"

Her boss chuckled, turning to her costar, Leon Thomas. "Leon, your line again please?"

Leon nodded and looked down at his script, reading the line perfectly. "You'd have to be pretty skinny to slide under that laser beam and not hit it."

Ariana looked at her own script as he read then, in her Cat voice, read out loud as she took on a confused and innocent face. "So which one of us is the flattest?" She got a smile from Dan and smiled back, mentally sighing in relief as the scene went on.

Dan gave the cast a break after the table read for them to get ready for the run through then the dress rehearsal. Ariana opened her messages from Jai once she was alone in her dressing room, reading each one silently to herself.

Mush💕: ari please answer me. I'm so sorry for what I said.

Mush💕: baby? please ive been calling you all night.

Mush💕: baby please. Just give me a chance to talk to you on the phone.. Please.

Mush💕: ari

Mush💕: ariana

Mush💕: ariana.

Mush💕: ariana grande.

Mush💕: okay fine since u won't answer my calls then I'll just apologize here. I didn't want to but.. Listen, or.. Uh.. Read. I was an idiot for telling you you shouldn't be hanging out with Miley and Zac. I'm so sorry for trying to tell you what to do or to hang out with and.. As much as I wanted to tell you this when I could hear your voice.. I love you. So much. Please forgive me.

Ariana's eyes widened at the last part of the text. She couldn't tell if he was serious or just saying that for her to answer him. But she did know she loved him. Her thumb hovered over the call icon as she had an internal debate over whether to call him or not. She eventually let out a sigh and tapped it, bringing the phone to her ear as it rang. One.. Two.. Thr--

He answered on the third ring and sounded breathless. "Ariana?" Jai panted into the phone. He had been downstairs in the kitchen when he heard his phone ringing from his room so he had to run up the stairs as fast as he could.

"Are you being serious or are you only saying that to get me to talk to you?" Ari asked, getting right to the point.

Jai frowned in confusion for a minute then realized what she was talking about. "What? No of course I'm serious. I've never been more serious about anything in my life. I wanted to tell you face to face.. Or uh.. Voice to voice." He paused, getting confused. "The point is that yes. I meant it."

Ariana stayed silent for a moment as he began to repeat what he said in the text.

"I really am so sorry baby-- uh.. If I can call you that." He mumbled, making her smirk, only a little bit though. "I just got worried. I don't want you to fall into anything bad. I care too much. And I know you're probably thinking that I'm an ass and about how you don't love me back or anything, but pleas, just give me a chance and--"

Ariana took a deep breath and let it out, cutting him off. "I love you too.." She said softly.

"..and I'll make it.." Jai paused, what she said just sinking in. "What?" He smiled hopefully.

"I love you too, you deaf idiot." Ariana couldn't help but laugh at him.

"Holy shit." He cursed with the biggest smile he could muster. "Ariana Grande loves me."

She giggled. "Yes, she does."

"And does Ariana Grande forgive me?" He asked softly.

"Hmmm.." She drawled out, deciding to tease him. "I suppose she does. And she also wants you to come down to New York.. If you still want to.."

Jai grinned. "I want to. I can't wait. I love you."

Ariana smiled to herself, blushing. "I love you too." Just as she said those three little words, her door bursted open and Elizabeth and Victoria fell in. Well, Victoria fell, Liz stood above her in shock. Ariana stared at them, just as shocked. She couldn't believe they were eavesdropping. "Jai. I'll talk to you later. Bye." She quickly hung up. "What the hell you guys?!" She screeched, standing up. "You were eavesdropping?!"

Victoria looked up at her from her position on the ground. Before she could respond, she saw a finger being pointed at her.

"It was her idea!" Liz blurted, not daring to look at the half Latina who was staring at her with her mouth agape.

"What?!" The oldest of the three cried, getting to her feet without her girlfriends help. "How?!"

Liz avoided her girlfriends eyes, staring at Ariana with a look that told her she better start talking. "What the hell was that on the phone? You love him?"

Ariana hesitated with her answer but then remembered she wasn't the one who was supposed to be being interrogated. "Oh nuh uh. You two first." She glared at them. "Why were you eavesdropping on me?"

"Well you weren't really being quiet in here Ari." Victoria responded, running her hand through her hair. "Besides, we didn't hear much. But how could you love him? You just started dating yesterday."

Ariana sighed, rubbing her temples. "Officially. I've known him for months, Vic. Since July.. Now it's December." She looked at her. "We made it official yesterday, yes. But in my mind I've been dating him since August."

The other two girls hesitated and looked at each other, silently debating whether or not to question it more. Liz sighed and looked at her best friend. "Alright.. If you're sure. We just want you to be safe."

"I am." Ariana smiled then heard Dan over the loud speaker asking for the cast to meet on the set. She walked out before her friends and over heard the two bickering behind her as they walked, laughing quietly to herself.

"You are so getting it tonight for blaming that on me."

"What? It was your idea!"

"So?" Ariana could practically hear Victoria's pout. A glance over her shoulder proved her right. "I'm your girlfriend. You can't rat me out like that!"

Ariana chuckled and shook her head. Her friends were insane.

--

I hope you liked this chapter!! :)