Remember Me

You spent the night sobbing and mourning your childhood friend. You heard her trapdoor slam shut.

"Sooooo...? How was that taste of Despair?" She happily sat next to you.

"Just... just hold me, Jun..." your voice was rough. You knew what the, "Fake Junko," would of said. Something along the lines of, No! Suck it up you horny bitch! But the real Junko?

The Junko softened her voice and pulled you close, "Our plans gonna work, (Nickname). We're finally going to rule the world. How can we pledge to Despair if we don't love it ourselves?"

"I... I know. Just... Mukuro wasn't supposed to die. I wasn't ready for it."

"But the Despair... it made it worth it... right?" 

"Yeah... it did. Of course it did. But jeez... Jun... Mukuro..."

"Hey... you're not going to die on me right?" She grabbed your hand and you squeezed it and managed a broken smile for her.

"Wouldn't you love that Despair?"

"...not as much as I love you." She murmured, her face bright red. 

You looked at her in surprise but that surprise melted into relief. You smiled softly and ran your thumb over the back of her hand. You hummed, 'Please Give Me Wings,' and smiled sadly as Junko sang the words.

In harmony the pair in Despair held each other close. The mastermind she wanted to die for and the broken found someone to live for.

What a beautiful thing, isn't it? These two souls united by something you thought would surely bring them apart. Despair. Nobody sees Despair as something great or grand. Nobody thinks of Despair and smiles. But Despair made this unlikely couple possible. Their broken hearts had come together as one. Together as they tore apart families. Stole lives. Ruined futures. In the middle of all this misery - love bloomed. 

If only this story weren't a tragedy... perhaps our happy couple could of died in old age with their hands clasped together? Perhaps they could of adopted a little girl or boy and taught them of their alma mater? Maybe they could tell tales of the unfinished sand castle? They could watch more classes graduate from Hope's Peak? 

But alas... this is no ordinary love tale.

There will be no happy ending; no fairytale wedding. 

But they will always have each other.

Word count: 377

Whew! End of in-game chapter 1!!!! AND WE MADE IT ONTO THE LEADERBOARD!!! Thank you so much for reading these not-in character chapters and sticking with this.

And I had an idea; what if at the end of every in-game chapter we have a fanart contest? This is just an idea but for example the contest is open for a week and the top 3 winners get rewards? I'm not entirely sure and you (the OG readers) would surely be the best to ask.

Thanks for reading!

-Xenia