7

Sorry! I know it's been a bit since I posted. School just started again so I'm gonna try my best to post regularly.  Enjoy Chapter 7 <3 

(Pansy's POV)

I'm practically fuming and it's taking all of my energy to stay calm.

After we walked out of the Great Hall, I followed Hermione to some random closet on the first floor (Oh, the irony).

"After you." She holds the door open for me and locks it after her. I feel heat rise to my neck and cheeks. Being this close to her...I'm starting to think this was a bad idea.

"So, how can I help you?"

"Don't play this game with me, Hermione. Really? Seamus? You could have at least chosen someone more realistic."

Her face loses its smile and her shoulders slouch from their normal perky posture. "Pansy, I swear I wasn't even going to do it...but I was so mad and I was hurt so bad and I-" She stops and looks up at me.

My words are stuck in the back of my throat. Hermione takes a step forward and takes me face in her hands. "Pansy. Pansy, can I kiss you? Even if it's the last time?"

I can't speak, my first thought is no, but her lips look so inviting. I lean into her mouth and she kisses back. Very suddenly, Hermione pulls away, wiping my lipstick off her lips.

"What?" I ask. She sighs and shakes her head. "Exactly. You don't know, you don't understand! This shouldn't have happened," She spits out at me and storms out of the closet.

Oh no, she can't just walk away after that. I run out after her and grab her wrist, spinning her around.

"Just leave me alone, Pansy!"

"God, Hermione just tell me what's going on with you!"

"Going on with me? What about you, Pansy? You can't break up with me and then get mad when I find someone better and move on faster than you."

Oh. So, she decided to go there. I feel like I've been shocked. "Oh- I...okay, I can't do this so...enjoy shagging Finnigan." I start to walk away.

"Wait! Pansy, I didn't mean it! Pansy, come back!"

This girl is driving me mad. I'm tired all of a sudden and I think I hear Hermione behind me but it sounds like we're underwater. I keep walking, my breath is starting to quicken.

By the time I find myself back at the Slytherin table with my friends, I'm this close to hyperventilating. Most of them don't even notice I'm back. Did they even notice I was gone in the first place? Draco raises his eyebrows at me. I can at least count on Draco to acknowledge my presence.

"Wanna talk?" He asks, gently.

"Maybe later." I manage.

Draco nods his head and turns back to the rest of our group. I feel foggy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Skip to second class of that day)

I'm walking into Herbology when I feel an unfamiliar clammy hand tap my shoulder. I turn around to see a bright red, panting Seamus trying to catch his breath.

He's top of my list of people I don't want to talk to right now (or ever).

"What do you want, you pillock?"

"Nice to talk to you too, Pansy." God, I hate him. "Look, put our differences aside for a second," he continues, "Hermione- uh...didn't show up to Defence Against the Dark Arts and...she-uh-never misses class."

He's awkwardly shifting his weight back and forth and it's making me very uncomfortable. Seamus starts talking again after an extremely unpleasant pause.

"You were the last person who was with Hermione. Do you have any idea where she might be?"

As a matter a fact, I think I know exactly where Hermione is. Do I plan on telling her git of a boyfriend that? No.

"Why would I know? I have no idea." Is what I say instead. Seamus sighs and walks out of the class, his robes dragging on the ground.

As soon as Seamus is gone, I walk up to Professor Sprouts holding my stomach. "I- I don't feel great, Professor. Can I go see Madame Pomfrey?" She doesn't even look up from her work, she just nods and mumbles "Yes, yes, yes, Pansy. Feel better, darling," and waves me away.

I peak out into the hallway to make sure it's empty and walk through the empty halls, swinging my arms around.

I know that not only did Hermione probably not mean what she said before, but that she felt bad about it too. The two of us used to sneak off to the Shrieking Shack when we went into Hogsmeade to get some time to ourselves. That's the only place I could think she would be.

I get lost in my own thoughts and before I know it, I can see the footprints of Hermione's shoes leading up to the shack.

Hopefully this isn't a trap... 

Woohoo! Cliffhanger! Chapter eight coming soon, I promise. Thanks for 100 reads! It means so much! Xoxo -Snowbazxtracob