9

I know it's short but enjoy!

(Hermione's pov)

I can't stop smiling. My chest is warm with love and my whole body is tingling.

I guess we were at the Shrieking Shack for longer than we thought because when we get back to Hogwarts, the whole school is walking in the halls towards the Great Hall for lunch.

We get to the doors to the hall and Pansy stops in her tracks. "We don't even have to say it." I don't understand. "What? What do you mean?"

"I mean...we shouldn't have to announce it. Whoever accepts it, will just accept it. Let's just go in, live our lives and let people find out."

"Is that what you want?" I ask.

"Yes! As a matter of a fact, it is!"

I giggle because she sounds so polished and totally unlike herself. "Okay, lovey. Whatever makes you happy."

I lift my hand up and she takes it, holding it a little tighter than usual. "Are you ready?" I ask. She takes a sharp intake of air and slowly exhales, closing her eyes. "As ready as I'll ever be."

Holding hands, the two of us walk over to the Slytherin table and sit down. They all stop talking and stare at me, then at Pansy's hand in mine, then back at me. I can feel the pulse in Pansy's wrist quicken from panic.

"Hey" I say, trying to break the silence.

I make eye contact with Draco, he smiles at me and says, "Hey, Hermione!" As if they were waiting for Draco's queue, the rest of them all say hi and then go back to their conversation.

I put my hand on Pansy's knee and whisper, "I'm just gonna go check in with my friends, all good?" She nods and kisses me on the forehead. I think she shocked herself because her cheeks turn the colour of my tie. "It's okay, Pansy," I tuck a piece of her midnight black hair behind her ear, "You're allowed to kiss your girlfriend."

At the last word, Pansy's friends all whip their heads up. I smile at them and say "I can't wait to get to know you all better, I think you'll be seeing a lot more of me." before skipping away.

From behind me I hear Millicent say "I like her, Pansy. So, have you taken off her knickers yet?" Pansy gasps, "Mills! Shut up!"

I think that's a good sign.

I get over to the Gryffindor table and my smile quickly falls from my face. Harry and Ron are glaring at me with their arms crossed. I smile at them like it's a question.

Ron looks at Harry, no expression on is face and says, "We saw you and Pansy. You should sit, let's talk."

Woohoo! Chapter 9! Also, just kidding y'all, I said 10 chapters but it's actually gonna be 11! I know it's been way too long since I posted, I'm sorry, school is stressing me out a lot so it's a bit hard to find time to write. Chapter 10 will be coming as soon as possible. I love this story and I love y'all for reading it, so thank you.

Much love, Snowbazxtracob <3