8

Sorry, I know the chapter is really short, I'm trying! Enjoy though! <3

(Pansy's pov)

I feel like I'm in a horror movie. The shack is a lot more scary without Hermione by my side.

The paint is flaking off the rotten wood in layers and everything is covered in blankets of dust. The steps groan high pitched creaks under my weight as I move up the stairs. I reach the top, gripping my wand so hard my knuckles are white.

The door on my right is open a crack so I peek through the keyhole. Hermione is sitting on an old dusty table with her head in her hands, tapping her feet on the floor.

I lightly knock on the door with the end of my wand, keeping my eyes on her. Hermione jumps up and pulls out her wand from her back pocket. "Who's there?!" She asks. I can hear the panic in her voices.

I gently push the door open so she can see me. Her shoulders slump down and she exhales loudly as she sees me. "God, Pansy! I thought you were a murderer or something."

"Your boyfriend's looking for you." I say, taking a seat next to her.

"Don't call him that."

"Why? Trouble in paradise?" I say sarcastically.

"If you're trying to get me to tell the truth, you don't have to. You were obviously right, I don't like Seamus. I was just trying to make you mad."

"Yeah, it worked."

She stands up and faces me, preparing herself for something. "Pansy, I'm sorry. I really am. I love you. I know you love me." I don't know where she's going with this. It seemed like she wasn't finished talking, but she's watching me expectantly. "What am I supposed to say now?" I ask, because I seriously have no idea.

She grabs my hands and pulls me to my feet, "You don't have to say anything. Just be with me. Pansy, we have to try."

She's right. "I'm just so scared, Mione. It feels the everyone is against us.", I whimper.

She kneels down in front of me, "It's just us here, Pansy. And this," She motions between us, "is good! We're good together. Nobody else matters. It's just us."

"What if our love isn't enough, Hermione. It's us against the world, but what happens when the world wins?"

"Then...I don't know, we'll figure it out! Don't think! Just say yes, say you'll be with me forever."

"Hermione, I ca-"

"Yes, you can! You can do whatever you want. We control our own destinies!"

"I...but- Okay. Okay! I love you, Hermione!"

She beams at me and pulls me to my feet, twirling me around her. "I love you more, Pans."

"Oh, no that's not possible", I tease. My chest feels warm with love and when I look into Hermione's eyes, I see my happy ending that I didn't believe in before.

"Hey, just so you know, lovey,", I say as we walk out of the shack, hand in hand, "I will never stop making fun of you for 'dating' Seamus Finnigan, ahah!"

She rolls her eyes, bumping her shoulder into mine, "NOOO!", she giggles, "If I kiss you, will you never speak of it again?" Hermione says. "I don't know...I'll decide after..." I laugh.

Hermione spins me again into her arms and kisses me. My lips part automatically for her and we stay there for a while. Hermione's running her hands through my hair and I can feel my heartbeat in my ears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So... we have Transfiguration together next block, you wanna...y'know... go together? Like as a couple this time?" Hermione asks as we reach the edge of the Hogwarts grounds. I can't help but laugh at how awkward and shy she sounds. "Oh, Hermione! Are you asking me on a public date to Professor McGonagall's class?", I giggle.

"Okay, y'know what, give me a break!", we're both nearly pissing ourselves from laughter now, "at least I'm trying!"

"It's very cute, Mione. But let's take it slow, k? We'll tell our friends first. How does that sound?"

"Perfect, as long as I'm with you."

Alright! Chapter 8! We're almost done! To everyone who has read Kept In The Shadows so far, in means so much to me. Chapter 9 & 10 should be very fluff filled.

Love y'all so much -Snowbazxtracob <3