Prologue

"Crushes are crushes, either way they'll end up crushing your heart"

-

There's this girl,she has black hair with hazel brown eyes.Her name? , She's Mae Horan,And before you ask,Yes, Her brother is Niall Horan from one direction.She's sad often because her life isn't that easy,She misses her brother,He doesn't really get to visit often..Popular people at school only want to be friends with her just because her brother is famous. She only has one true friend .

So this year she'll be in grade 8 she wants to make this school year memorable,she wants to know what it feels like to have butterflies when someone talks to you.She wants adventure.She wants something new and exciting in her life.

-

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mae was sleeping peacefully til' her alarm clock woke her up. She reached over to the clock and clicked the snooze button.It was Monday the day that mostly everyone hates.

"GET UP MAE , YOU DONT WANNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!"

She groaned and got up from her bed.

"MAE DONT MAKE ME COME UP THERE AND WAKE YOU UP MYSELF!"

She hated it when her mom would yell from the kitchen to wake her up.

"OKAY! I'M UP MOM!"

She got up and headed straight to the bathroom.She decided to brush her teeth while she was taking a shower,that was basically her daily routine,It's a weird habit of hers. When she got done taking a shower she hopped over to her closet and quickly chose out some jeans and her Ed Sheeran T-Shirt, then she went downstairs and saw her mom sitting on one of the chairs near the kitchen counter.

"Good morning sweetie"

Her mom said with a smile.

"Good morning mom"

Mae isn't that kind of person who smiles that much so she didn't return the smile.She went to get a bowl and then placed it on the counter, she grabbed the milk out of the fridge and the cereal out of the cabinet. She put them in the bowl and started eating,then right on time her school bus came,So she grabbed her bag, said goodbye to her mom and walked out the door and into the school bus.

She sat there alone so she grabbed her phone,plugged in her headsets and listened to All of Me by John Legend.The bus stopped and a guy..not just a regular guy..a new guy..walked in,She looked around and saw that all eyes were on him,especially the girls,He came into eye contact with her and he smiled, She looked away and put her eyes back to her phone.He sat next to her and he looked at her while she was choosing what song she would listen to next, She didn't even realize he was sitting next to her until she chose the song Good Girls by 5 Seconds of Summer. She was surprised to see him next to her, at first she was thinking why was he sitting next to her'.

"Uhm..hey, i'm Aaron.."

He smiled at her while he said that,

"I'm Mae, Nice to meet you"

This time she smiled at him. Why did she smile? She wasn't sure why.

"Same, nice shirt..So what are you listening to?"

"Good Girls By 5SOS (pronounced 5sauce)"

He chuckled when she said that.

"Thats not a bad song."

"You've heard it before?"

She was surprised a guy actually listened to 5SOS it was a bit surprising.

"Of course"

They laughed out of nowhere and they hardly know why.

"Hey can i have your number?"

She was thinking about this hard.Why would he ask for her number.

"Actually i'll just give you mine.You better text me."

He wrote it down on a piece of paper and gave it to her.

"We'll see Aaron, We'll see"

He smiled at her and that was it.

Mae felt something weird in her stomach.Does she have a stomach ache?. Theres something different and weird about that Aaron guy..

She couldn't wait to find out whats his deal.Her Heart was beating fast and she doesn't know why. There's just something about him that makes her feel weird..could it be what people say..butterflies?