Chapter

" You can't fall in love with a guy within 24 hours."

-

They got to school and went their separate ways. Mae went left and he went right. She went to her locker and grabbed her notebook

and then went to history class. She entered the room and sat near the back,she sat there waiting for her teacher to come in any second. Within a few minutes someone entered the room and it wasn't her teacher. It was the guy who was with her on the bus..Aaron.. His eyes searched the room looking for a place to sit 'til his eyes landed on the empty seat next to Mae, he started walking towards the chair and She was thinking if she would switch seats or stay. Before she could even make her decision he sat down right next to her. Out of all the seats available he still chose the one next to her. He smiled at her and she saw it but she pretended like she wasn't staring at him, even though she was. She wanted to talk to him but she was shy. She didn't have the guts and she knew that it might lead to something horrible. Her teacher arrived but she couldn't concentrate.

She would usually face the window but her eyes on Him, just so it wasn't obvious, yet she would always see him staring back at her. Class ended like usual and next was art. She went to her locker and grabbed her stuff but just when she closed it she saw someone getting his things out of his locker. Yup , you guessed it , it was Aaron. She decided to just leave, to be honest. She didn't want to talk to him cause she knew that something WOULD happen, whether its good or bad.

She headed to the art room and sat in front of one of the canvases (not sure if thats spelt right) and started painting. She painted a picture of the view outside the window. The sun , the green grass, and the trees. She turned around when she heard footsteps. She was hoping it wasn't Aaron because she wasn't in the mood to see his face. She saw her friend , Crystal. You thought it was Aaron didn't you?

" Hey best friend!, words on the street that you like someone " Crystal winked at her friend as she said that.

" Oh please Crystal , you really think i , would like someone? And if i did, who would it even be?" Mae started tapping her foot on the floor to make sure that Crystal wouldn't see her legs shaking.

" Oh i dont know..maybe the new guy..Ashton's his name i think?" Crystal seemed confused as she said it.

" Its Aaron not Ashton." She responded back to Crystal

"Aha!"

"What?"

"You said his name was Aaron! That means you care that i said his name wrong!" Crystal was thinking of something to say she was expecting Mae to say "okay you got me" or something like that.

"So..?" Mae pretty much didn't see crystal's point.

"Ugh Mae just tell me if you like him or not. Maybe i can pull a couple strings" Crystal smirked.

"I don't like him Crystal.."

"Okaaayy whatever you saaaayyyy" Crystal sang as she skipped over to the clear canvas next to Mae's

Her teacher arrived and they did art , same routine.

After art it was break time so she sat under the tree in the back of the school. Crystal didn't join her cause she had practice for Cheerleading. So it was just her alone. She sat there eating her peanut butter sandwich, when all of a sudden that guy Aaron popped into her mind. She didn't want to think of him so she tried to focus on other things, but it didn't work.

"UGH GET OUT OF MY HEAD" she screamed at herself

Then out of the blue the guy she was thinking about came around.

"Woah! You okay?"

His voice and eyes say worried but he also seemed happy to see her.

"Y-yeah i'm fine..sorry.."

Why did she apologize? She usually never apologizes i mean this isn't something to apologize for.

He smiled at her and sat down next to her.

"So what's your deal?"

She looked at him confused, what does he mean?

" i mean you just seem different i don't know , stupid question , next question "

Mae chuckled cause he seemed really stupid to her. He joined her laughter and it just made laughing harmonies if thats even a thing.

"Ohkay look , wheres your phone?"

"Why?"

"Just give it."

She gave it to him the he put in back into her pocket, she didn't understand what he did but she just let it go.

Break ended and they went their separate ways again but they had most classes together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mae's POV

I was walking home cause i missed the bus. It was already 4:30 and we got out at 3:00 , what did i do at school? One word. Library.

When i got home i grabbed my phone and saw something taped onto the back.

Just so you won't forget to text me

Here's my number 09228962439

I'll be waiting Horan!

Aaron xx

Damn this boy has his ways. So I didn't hesitate but text him

"Aaron? It's Mae!"

After it sent i put my phone down and went on twitter I was checking what her brother has been doing while he's in El Paso. Right when she was gonna reply to her brothers friend , Luke , i got a text.

"Oh hey! WhatSup?"

"Hmmm the sky's up! xD"

"Ha.ha. Very funny."

"Ikr! I'm just full of jokes! Lol so wacha doin?"

I laughed at my own stupidity. To be honest i suck at jokes as in super.

" well Ms Horan , i'm just playing my guitar"

He plays guitar!? Ohmygod! But i prefer drummers cough Ashton Irwin cough, just kidding.

"Omg thats so cool! When did you learn how to play?"

I was smiling like a giddy girl, why? , i mean its just Aaron? Nothing special right?.

"Since i was 6 :) "

Damn this guy is talented. I heard he sings , plays the piano , and some other instruments.

And one thing led to another and we became friends i guess. I'm still wondering why do i have this feeling in my stomach..again..do not tell me these are what people say.. Butterflies.. Cause i do NOT like Aaron..or do i..