Chapter 3

REVISED

. . .

"Dad let me go home," Sehun straightforwardly said as soon as he entered his father's office in their condominium unit. His father kept his passport because that's the only way to keep him from going back to South Korea, back to her.

Mr. Oh turned to look at him from his laptop, his eyes mad that he brought up this topic again, "No, you won't go back to Seoul, ever." After his affair with Taewon's wife, it's a shame to go back to Seoul.

Sehun went out of his room, hands in fists. It's been ten months and yet he can't even reach anyone back in Seoul. He was worried about Mieun, did something happened to her? Are they still together? Or did she marry another guy already?

He was looking far away from his classroom's window, not paying attention to what his professor was saying in front of the class. But the name of a Korean drawn his attention back; he was not the usual light skin toned Korean since he was a little darker, "I'm Julian Kim," he bowed, when he stood straight again, he froze in his spot to come face to face with Sehun.

"Hyung," Sehun muttered, he was hopeful to learn news about his girl now that his long-time friend from Seoul, Kim Jongin, is here. He was sure; he knows everything of what happened back in those ten months because the Kim family is like the best friend of the Choi's.

"What?" He responded not looking straight at Sehun while he mixed the pasta with the spaghetti sauce. He was afraid to look at his eyes because he knows he was just going to say lies to him.

"What happened to Mieun? I was worried about her, it's been ten months," he was making himself ready of the answers he will hear from the latter.

Jongin shook his head, "I know nothing, they won't let me know, Sehun-ah. I'm sorry," there goes his lie that isn't even believable. Sehun won't buy that he knows better, but is there a better lie to tell him? No.

.

"Mieun-ah?" Taewon called for her after checking her up, switching his tiny flashlight off. "Do you hear me?" He asked to which she nodded. Later, he asked her to move her fingers, then her toes.

"Excuse me," she softly spoke, voice airy from the very long sleep. She looks weary despite her long sleep and confused because for the past seconds she was trying to remember her name but nothing comes out. "Who am I?" Her eyes roamed around and darted at the man who was standing by the doorframe. "You," she weakly said, trying to make her voice louder.

It seemed unusual but the only memory left in her was her last words before the crash happened, I love you too. Taewon gestured for him to come closer, so Kris slowly went towards her while her father holds her hand, "Yes, he is, baby." She almost immediately retrieved her hand but he reassured her, "It's alright, I'm your Dad."

Later, Kris was left with Mieun as it seems like she was more comfortable to talk with him. She looked more confident to ask questions of who she is and about everyone who just introduced themselves to her.

She started to play with her fingers, before asking him one last thing that she wanted an answer, stuttering, "Before... errr... were we dating?"

Kris looked away from her, gulping, and as if on cue her personal nurse came in bringing her tray of food. "Annyeonghaseyo," she bowed to both of them, "I could bring you something delicious but it'll be porridge for now," she said, smiling widely. "After you finish this, I would have to wash you up, alright?"

She giggled, "Anieyo, I can wash my own," embarrassed that she have to do that for her. She noticed him getting off his seat and walked out of the room without words while the nurse were saying that that is her job for the past few months when she was still on comatose.

He walked around the hospital healing garden to refresh from all the thoughts flooding his mind. He could just stay there for the whole day but he has to go back to work after forty minutes. He remembered that he hasn't taken his dinner yet, but instead of eating inside the premises, he went out to get dinner.

Pushing the door open, she was enjoying the newest episode of Running Man, giggling, "Ah, hurry, run now!" She stopped when she noticed him by the door.

Kris went inside her room without looking at her, placing the plastic of jelly aces and a health drink inside the refrigerator. But he took out two jelly aces and peeled off its cover, "I just thought to buy you some snacks though," he offered these.

Mieun stared at his hand then to his face, frowning, "Who are you?"

Kris was taken aback of her question but he nevertheless answered her and asked if she knows her name to which she answered positively. But then when she was about to ask for someone, her head hurts like being struck with an aluminum baseball bat repeatedly until she lost consciousness.

Mieun is one of those patients who were diagnosed of Anterograde amnesia, impairment in the ability to lay down new memories. People with this may spend an entire day with a person and then, within a brief time, will totally fail to recognize that person.

.

"Okay, Mieun-ah. Slowly stand up using this as support, alright?" Her therapist softly said, guiding her hands on the railings as she helped her up from her seat. Mieun was able to stand, leaning on her therapist but when she tried to lean away, she fell down.

"Kamsahabnida," Mieun muttered softly as soon as she was back on her bed. The nurse tucked her in her bed, smiling at her before lowering the Venetian blinds to make sure there wouldn't be too much light inside. "Ah, can you not lower it fully?" The nurse complied before leaving.

As soon as she was left alone, Mieun started her to talk to herself, being her own motivator, "C'mon, Choi Mieun, you have to walk properly for them, arasseo?" Right then, she held on her legs and put it hanging on her bed.

She settled her hands on the bedside table as her support. For a few seconds, she was able stand but when she tried to take a step, she instantly met the floor with a loud thud. She cried that even the simplest thing to do of standing up, she cannot do.

Chinae found her sniffling beside the bed, dropping the stuff toy on the couch, "Hey, how'd you get here?" She asked gently, petting her head. "Stop crying now," she cooed, bringing her back on her bed.

.

Cops headed to his apartment, nosy neighbors trying to butt in the situations but cut off when the head police officer shut them off, and so they proceeded to knock on the door. His grandmother was the one who opened the door and was shocked to see cops in front of their apartment.

One of them held up a paper, "We have a warrant arrest for Kris Wu for reckless driving resulting to physical injuries."

Kris who just finished his clothing after a long bath came outside to see the commotion, "Who is it, Ma?" He asked, drying his hair with a towel.

.

After their vows, the priest announced, "Kris, you may now kiss the bride," as everyone applauded including him while the newly wedded couple come face to face, Kris cupping her face.

Mieun smiled brightly at him before closing her eyes, the cheers of everyone in the venue were muffled by the beating of her heart. Her heart wanted to burst at that moment, but it didn't. They pulled away from the fake kiss, facing the crowd with also a fake smile.