Chapter 6

REVISED

. . .

Kris stayed in his dark clinic office while everyone was waiting for Mieun to wake up in her private room. He was fidgeting, checking either his wristwatch or smartphone from time to time.

Then, his phone rang, it was Jongin calling, "Hyung, she's awake."

He held his breath before releasing it in an exasperatedly sigh, "Alright, I-I'll be there," he stuttered, ending the call at the same time.

Will she remember everything? Will she choose Sehun over me? Yeah, why would she even choose someone like me? Those were few of the thoughts that ran across his mind as he takes his steps towards her room.

Life is fairly unfair. When you realized you were attached and had fallen for someone, everything would turn and flip things over. Just as when you found happiness, something would want to take it from you. When you thought you are fixed, you are meant to be broken again.

All eyes turned to the door that was just pushed open; Kris was standing there with sagged shoulders and distressed face. "Come here," he heard Mr. Choi say and he complied.

"Are you okay?" The first sentence he mustered to say before he felt a hand holding his. Looking down, he smiled and eventually intertwined their fingers. She remembers me.

Mieun smiled warmly, Just for today, can we pretend that you are not Kris Wu and I'm not Choi Mieun who met and got married because of a car accident and my father's plan?

Kris leaned in, brushing her hair off her face, Thank you for remembering me. I'll be a better man and husband to you and show you how much I love you.

That same day, Mieun was discharged from the hospital but they didn't go home straight because of her constant beg to go on a date before they go home.

She practically dragged him towards the ice rink and asked the old lady for the largest shoes for the giant person she is with, "Thank you," she beamed.

Slowly getting on the rink, she held onto the bars. It has been a long while since she has been on the rink. If it hadn't happened, what opportunities could she had grabbed? Where would she be right now?

Kris followed her, "You're good?"

Beaming a smile, she nodded, grabbing his hands and pulling him towards the center, joining few people who were enjoying each other's company.

Then, she went away from him and towards the center of the rink, of everybody. She naturally glided on the ice just as if it was yesterday when she went in it. Spinning gracefully before she halted and bowed, everyone applauded to her.

"You were beautiful out there," he smiled genuinely, capturing her hands in his huge ones.

But she gave back a sad smile, "That was long before," taking a step to move past him when she almost lost her balance. Fortunately, Kris was fast enough to not let her meet the cold ground.

"Hey, you're alright?" He asked, looking down at her hand that was holding her knee. Cursing to himself, he took her off the ground carrying her while he got them out from the rink.

"Let's just go home, please?" She begged although still in pain. "I'll be fine at home, promise, I can take care of myself there."

Stopping for the red traffic light, Kris turned to her, "Does your knee usually hurt?" Seeing her biting her lip, he slammed on the steering wheel, "And you didn't tell me? I could have taken care of you."

"You care less about me. How am I supposed to tell you when every time I want to talk you shut me off?"

And the whole journey towards home was silent after that.

"Oppa," she softly called, looking at his side profile while he carried her towards the lift. He could only hum, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that."

Craning his head to her, he pulled her closer to him. Mieun adjusted her arms' grip around his neck, moving closer to him as well. "No, I'm sorry. I'll take good care of you from now. I promise," he said, planting a kiss on her forehead.

Placing her carefully on the couch, he handed her some DVDs so they could have a movie marathon, "Your choice," planting a chaste kiss on her cheeks before disappearing somewhere in the house to get the treatment for her knee.

While watching the very first movie of the night, Kris was tending to her knee even how much she told him she could put the ice on her own, but the latter would just pull her legs and put it over his lap, saying, "Let me take care of you."

The screen showed the ending credits of the movie. Kris turned to her side only to realize she was already asleep, "It's only the second movie though," he chuckled, reaching the remote control from the coffee table so he could shut the device off.

He was about to leave her room when she mumbled something in her sleep. Somewhere near to stay and don't go. Chuckling, "Do you want to sleep together?"

Mieun opened her eyes, pouting, "Let's sleep," pulling him down, locking her arms around his neck tightly.

He tapped her arms thrice, "You weren't sleeping?"

"I am but I am a light-sleeper so you woke me up," she giggled, wiggling him in her arms until he just settled on top of her, but he made sure he wasn't putting his weight completely on her.

When she finally released him from her grip, he pushed himself up with his elbows, "You're tempting me."

Rounding her eyes, she reflexively pushed him to the side, "Sleep!"

"We're basically married!" He protested, laughing when she brought the blanket over her head, covering herself completely. And so, he tucked himself under the blanket too, wrapping an arm over her waist before pulling her close to him.

She yelped, shocked. "Oppa," she called.

"Good night, jagiya."

At two-thirty in the morning, her eyes flutter open, staring at the sleeping figure beside her, memorizing every part of his well-sculpted face from his forehead down to his chin. "Is this a dream? Can I not wake up from this dream?"

Feeling the rays of the sun warming his face, his nose scrunched up, flipping over to the other side of the bed, cuddling with the body pillow placed beside him. When he woke up a few minutes later, he realized it wasn't his room but his wife's; and so he started looking for her around the unit, "Mieun-ah?"

Seeing that it's almost time for his work, he dashed towards his room to prepare. Rubbing his hair with a towel, his eyes drifted to a neatly folded paper on his laptop.

Kris,

I don't know how to tell you personally my goodbye and so I'm writing this letter to you. Having you with me all these years were a blessing, even after I gained my memory back. I apologize that I can't even give a proper farewell to you. It's just hard to do it. Please live healthily and happily.

"No. No," he chanted, voice breaking as he went towards her room to see if she really had gone out.

Her closet weren't emptied but almost half of it was taken, and that was enough to make him believe that she left him. Then, pulled out the drawer, searching for the divorce paper he handed a few months back.

He cried, "I was too late."