getting engaged to be engaged to be engaged?

Time passed and the Core Four walked down the path of the school. Jay was being greeted by countless of girls who no doubt, wanted to go to the Cotillion with him.

"Hi, Jay."

"Hey." Jay smirks at the girl.

"Jay."

"Hey, what's up?"

"Hi." Jay greeted each girl before just walking pass. Carlos shakes his head.

"Why do you torture them? Just pick someone to take to Cotillion already." Carlos said to Jay as he walks Dude on a leash.

"I'm going solo. That way, I can dance with all of them." Jay explained. Carlos laughs.

"Ah! You're the expert." Carlos said. He looks back at Jay in seriousness.

"Um, Jay... if you were gonna ask someone, what's the best way to go?"

Jay leaned in close. "Listen, all you got to do... is look like me."

"Oh, ha-ha." Carlos fakes a chuckle that he quickly stopped when Jane appeared in front of him. Jane and Lonnie stop in front of the Core Four.

"Mal." Jane said, arriving to ask Mal something. Carlos stares nervously.

"Hey, Jane." Carlos greeted.

"Hey." Jane said back.

"I was wondering...uh... if you liked the.... carrot cake last night." Carlos asked, flaking out on asking Jane to the Cotillion.

"I had the pumpkin pie." Jane corrects.

"Oh, cool. Um, uh--"

"Smooth." Jay whispers, pulling Carlos away. Evie stepped in front of Jane and Lonnie.

"I have an opening for a fitting at 3:00. Who wants it?" Evie asks. Before Jane could take the spot, Lonnie spoke first.

"Me!" She looks at Jane with a apologetic look. "Sorry."

"Perfect. I'll take you later." Evie said to Jane and pulls Lonnie away.

"Mal?" Jane stops Mal.

"Yes?"

"I hate to keep bugging you, but the decorating committee needs more answers. So, as much as I hate to, um... you know, um..."

"Bug me?" Mal guesses.

"Right." Jane chuckles.

"Yeah, Jane, I would love to. I just have to get to class." Mal was about to walk away, but Jane stops her again.

"You know, just nod if you like it. Chair swags. Entry banner. Twinkle lights. Napkin design. Table bunting. And you still haven't picked the party favors yet." Jane lists.

"Honestly, Jane, whatever you think--"

"I mean, we can do chains, key charms, pen toppers. I kind of love the pen toppers, but, I mean, we can do all three." Jane rants on before Mal's eyes flash green like it did before. She closes her eyes and let it go.

Once opening her eyes, Mal gives a false smile. "I say pen toppers."

"Yeah?" Jane asks.

"Yeah." Mal agrees.

"You won't regret it."

"Okay." Lonnie and Evie return.

"I can hardly wait to see what your wedding will look like!" Lonnie said excitingly.

"Me, too." Mal said before realizing what Lonnie said. "Wait! What?!"

"The Royal Cotillion is like getting engaged to be engaged to be engaged." Jane explained happily.

"I knew it!" Evie adds excitedly.

"Well, everyone knows it."

"I didn't know it! How come nobody told me that? Is my entire life just planned out in front of me--" Mal rants. Soon an arm slides around her shoulder.

"Hi, Mal." Cori greets.

Lonnie, Jane and Evie smile at the queen. "Hi, Cori."

Not a second later, Cori's advisors arrive with their casually argument of the day. Araina and Anthony glare at each other. Araina ignored Anthony and looks at Cori.

"As your royal advisor and best friend, I strongly suggest wearing the glass slippers for the Cotillion. You are a citizen and the princess of Cinderellaburg, you have to show that you are fit to rule there as you are here." Araina said, making Anthony scoff. Cori was tired of hearing their bickering over the tiniest things.

"As co-royal advisor and favorite cousin, I suggest that you don't have to wear those uncomfortable torture devious. You need to be you and not your mother, no offense." Anthony informs to Cori. Cori didn't pay them any mind and just smiled at Mal, being happy to see her. It came to a halt when Jane pulled Cori away.

"Oh, oh. Quick moment."

"Uh..." Cori looked back at Mal before focusing on Jane. Jane leans in and whispers.

"All right, they're almost finished with the surprise for Mal's big night. Cinderella, Snow White, Belle. But the one you designed for Mal is my favorite." Jane said, showing the crystal glass portraits.

"Make sure her eyes are green." Cori instructed Jane. She turns around to look at Mal. "Uh... see you later."

"Okay." Mal said before walking off. Cori turns around only to be in contacts with green glass.

"Which green should they use?" Jane asks. Cori took the three shade of green before picked the right shade.

"This one." Cori hands them back to her, before being dragged away by her advisors.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry for errors.