new look

IN CORI'S ROOM...

"Hey, is this pink wig really necessary? It itches." Cori complained as Evie put on final touches on Cori's face. The boys were in the room too, looking through Cori's personal belongings.

"Trust me, you need the wig." Evie insisted. Cori looked at her slightly offended. "I mean, it's important for you to appear with different hair."

"But why? What's wrong with my own hair? Aren't there blondes on the isle?" Cori asked.

"Yeah, but not blonde like you." Evie said, confusing Cori.

"What?"

"Well, how do I put it this way... You're a clean blonde. I look like you wash your hair with the fancies soups to get it to shine. People of the isle would immediately know who you are." Evie explained.

"I guess that makes sense..."

"Trust me, with pink hair, you'll fit in perfectly." Evie said happily. She turned Cori around to let her look at herself in the mirror. Cori was dumbstruck by the sight of herself. A totally different her.

"Wow, this is--"

"Amazing? Wicked?" Evie guessed.

"Different is the word I was gonna use." Cori said. She continued to stare at herself, then her door had opened.

"Hey, Cori. I got a few letters from Agrab-- what's going on?" Ben asked, walking in with papers in hand. He stared at how Cori looked, not just her but at how the others looked too. They wore their old clothes from the isle. Cori stood up with her hands up in defense.

"I can explain everything." Cori said. Ben dropped the papers onto the dresser and crossed his arms in response.

"I'm listening."

"Well... you see... I uh--"

"We're going to the Isle of the Lost to bring Mal back." Anthony blurted out. "And if we wanna be get in and get out before anyone sees us, we better leave soon."

"Yeah, what he said." Evie said. Ben stared at everyone, uncrossing his arms and stepping close to Cori.

"Cori, you can't just leave." Ben said.

"Why not?"

"You're the Queen of Auradon. Your responsibilities are here. If Mal left, it's because she needs some time to cool off."

"I can't just stay here and hope she'll return on her own. She belongs here in Auradon, with her friends, with me." Cori retaliated. "This is my fault so I'm going to get her back."

"Well, then let's go." Ben said, opening the door.

"Wait, what?" Cori asked.

"You're my best friend, Cori. Of course I'm not going to let you go without taking me too. Though thick and thin." Ben said, gripping Cori's shoulder to show he supported her.