Still Summer

"Hey guys! Evie here!" I said to the camera facing me as I held it. "So it's the last day of the summer and-"

"Yo Evie! Watch out!" my older brother, James, shouted at me.

I turn around and see a football ball coming right at my face. I quickly elbowed it with the hand holding my camera.

" Hey! Be careful!" I shouted. I kick back the ball to James and Austin. Swiftly, James caught the ball with his right arm and went back to throwing it to Austin.

"So as you can see the two male species other known as my best friends, are busy hitting me with a football for the millionth time in the summer." I pointed at the camera at the two.

I placed the camera at the table before I washed my hands again before continuing to grill the meat. I straighten my black sleeveless t-shirt that has a bright blue flash sign, which is tucked in my denim shorts. I quickly whip my hands with a white cloth. Before taking back the camera into my hands.

Right now we're in the back of the house. And by 'we' I mean my family, Austin, Tasha and Kevin. "So my family and I decided that we should spend the day here at the patio eating grilled meat," I pointed the camera from the grill to my brother and best friend.

Our patio had roofed relaxing area on the left corner. It has rock columns that supported the cemented roof. It had comfortable benches. While the other side had a swing chair at the corner.

Two steps down the patio, small enough for kids not to fall, you will see a half circular rock bench that surrounds the rock fire place.

My brother and my best friend, Austin, were playing catch. Both of them play foot ball, it's basically all they do except eating and partying.

My brother is the Runner back meanwhile Austin is the Full back of the team. It summer yet both the idiots won't stop talking about football.

"Unfortunately dad couldn't make it cause he's on a business trip." I said looking at the camera.

"Would guys please stop playing around and help me grill this chicken?" I said holding up the chicken leg with the thongs.

"Why can't mom do it?" James asked, after catch the ball with his hands. He looked at me with a bored face.

"Well have you forgotten that mom fractured her arm because of her clumsiness??" I ask, hands on my hip as I raised my eyebrows at him.

James looks at mom,who is sitting on the huge circular swing chair that is near the griller. She is reading a book entitled "Fault in our stars". It looked very uncomfortable for her with the cast on her arm. She was wore a pink solid color wavy hem dress. Her pair of brown sandals scattered on the floor.

"What? Seriously mom? Last month, you had a black eye for hitting your face with the door."

"It was not my fault! The groceries were heavy and you guys weren't there" Mom huffs crossing her arms while using a finger as bookmark. She huff impatiently like a child.

"Mom, your such a klutz!" I said, laughing at how much a dork my mom is. Even after having three children, my mom still continues to being her clumsy, childish and mind blowing self. I don't understand how smooth her skin is even after how many bruises and accidents she's gotten into.

"Hey! At least I won't have to do the dishes for a week", my mom mumbles, before continuing to read her book.

I laugh at her childishness. "What about Tasha?" Austin asks. "Wait, where is she?" He looks around to find her. "Inside. Getting some drinks."

Suddenly, a pair of arms wraps around my waist and someone's lips are press against my check.

"Hey sunshine", A male voice whispers into my ear. I turn my head to see Mike, my boyfriend. I leaned forward and gave him a peck on the lips. I quickly turn off the camera.