Chapter 5: Chionophobia

Summary:

Chionophobia- Fear of snow.
~Tom hated snow and all things involving it, but Harry loved Christmas and made sure to decorate heavily with snowflakes.

-Rating: Explicit
-Relationships: Tom Riddle/Harry Potter
-Warning/Tags: Sexual Content, Christmas, Holidays, Snowflakes, Harry In 1940, After Hogwarts, Slight Crack Fic,

*******************

Rolling his eyes, Tom watched as Harry danced around their small flat, tinsel and paper snowflakes overflowing in his arms.

"Harry, must you put up all of those?" Merrily ignoring his boyfriend of two years he continued his task of placing the decorations around on the worn out walls. Harry stopped for a moment to set a glittering bow on Toms perfectly curled hair before laughing and heading off for another armful of goods.

Tom gripped the small silver bow in his hands. He felt guilty hiding everything from the small boy, but he knew Harry wouldn't understand. Harry had been a grave Gryffindor in school, and Tom the cunning Slytherin, if Harry discovered his secret identity... shifting, he set the bow down and followed after the other.

"Hey, tomorrow when you are at work I'll have some of my friends over." Harry scowled at Tom and stood tall, hands on hips. "Tom, why won't you let them see me? Are you ashamed to live with me? That we are together?" With quick movements Tom gripped Harry's arm. "That's not it! I would never think that, we just have things we need to discuss privately, you know them from Hogwarts, it's not like you are a secret."

Harry dropped his arms and breathed out, he looked down to think. As Tom was about to speak up again Harry put on a smile and looked him in the eyes. "If you don't want them to see me I know you have your reasons. I just want to be with you Tom, and I want you to be happy with me."

Tom surged forward and hugged Harry. "More happy than you could ever know." And he was, he had been working at Borgin and Burkes learning dark magic, than coming home to Harry. He was also steadily building a dark army that followed his every command, his life was just starting and it was all working out perfectly. He only wished he could make himself love the things Harry did, but he could never enjoy Christmas.

Tom sat in his transfigured throne before the fire and looked around his living room. Not being able to tell the boy no, Harry covered the place wall to the wall in decorations. With a green flash his followers began to arrive. Settling back he nearly laughed at the displeased looks on their faces at Harry's liberal glitter placements. When each had arrived and bowed before him he stood gracefully.

"I apologize for the unseemly atmosphere, but my lover seems to find this type of 'festivity' necessary, I hope you will all forgive me."

'Of course My Lord' rand through the space and Tom grinned at the absolute respect and loyalty. Calmly he sat again and allowed each of his members to report. Nearly falling asleep when he reached the less influential of his gathered group, he was startled by a small bell ringing near by in warning. Standing sharply he barked an order, "Remove your masks and outer robes!" Hurriedly the group obeyed. As the last mask vanished the living room door opened. Harry stood, he was begging to remove his work robe before he took in the room with a small "oh" he smiled and stepped fully into the room.

"Sorry to interrupt your get together, I was let off early for Christmas." Harry walked over and gave Tom a small peck on the cheek before looking over the room. Tom wrapped his arm around Harry's hips. "It's okay my love, we were almost done anyway, I'm always happy to have you home." With a small concealed apology nod to Tom, Harry looked back at the others. "I was going to heat some water up for some cocoa, could I interest any of you, maybe tea? I have some rather nice cookies as well."