The Hunt ~ Chapter 1

{Y/N} pov:

As I walked triedly waiting for some action, I sleepily looked at the sky brightening by the rising sun behind us.

The colours of red, orange, blue, purple, and yellow danced and intertwine with each other; like my village did at festivals like Easter, Christmas and Halloween.

The dirt was hard and easy to be tripped on, if not careful. The bright, green grass swayed gently with the soft, chilly wind. The clouds floated about us like flying sheep, it was like I could teach out and touch then.

"HALT!" The commander of our troop ordered as he raised his hand up. Everyone got there weapons ready to fight.

I was sent by my village to fight for them in the war, it's very easy to get attention when you're good at everything *cough* me bro *cough*.

I look like I'm 16 but I'm more than 1000 years old. A bit of a surprise that was, wasn't it?

Quietly I slipped in the front to see a boy wearing a green coat like hoodie with parts of blue and yellow, next to him was a green leopard-print pillow for comfort.

Confused, I tilted my head and stepped forward. The Commander grasped onto my arm like a vise. I winched at the sudden grip and turned back.

"He's only a boy." I quietly spat at the commander.

"He's a dangerous boy at that." He growled back.

"I've got this." I shrugged off his grip and moved another step forward. As I did, a sharp object zoomed passed my face and made impact with a few soilders behind me.

Gasping, I ran away from the boy and tripped over.

"Fuck!" I shouted as I collided with the floor and losing my chest plate as I did. I cowarded under some corpses and wimpered. My helmet slipped onto my head and blood dripped bit by bit on my head from the corpses.

As I pretended to be dead, I saw the boy float around checking if anyone was dead and couldn't report on what happened.

He looked around and my {E/C} eyes met his light hazel orbs. For a few moments of looking into his eyes, felt like years, but it was only for ten seconds, before he started frowning a little, he moved his wrist. I felt the helmet flip off my head and onto my lap.

My hair gleaming {H/C} was now died with blood. A few streams of blood and tears ran down my face. My heart raced as if I was actually running, but I wasn't.

I was sat there in thin bloody armour, some of it fell off like my helmet and chest plate. I gulped as the boy gain nearer. He slowly tilted his head not amused like he rehearsed this all his life. To watch his prey shake and shiver before him.

He was now floating above me laying on his stomach. I was pinned to the floor with a green and gold spear stopping me to get up. He looked up and down at me in interested. He spoke

"Most humans tried to stop or attack me. Why aren't you?" He questioned and stood on my stomach lightly.

"I'm not a fighter." I simply spilled out. He tilted his head the other way and saw my awkwardness so sat on my stomach and slammed his hands on either side of my head.

"Are you sure about that?" His face was right next to mine, I blushed at the closeness. As we laided there, our breath mixed and mingled.

"I-I'm quite s-sure." I shuddered as moved my arms to get up. As I pushed myself up a little I got closer to the boy's face, our noses just touching.

He might have notice this and went a little pink while floating off me. I got up and brushed myself off.

"What's you objective?" He spoke a little harshly with his back turned.

"Well I'm here because I'm trying to save money for my family back in my village. And a personal reason too." I sighed I'm probably boring him. That's when I heard it.

"What reason? Like a goal? A mission?" He turned and came closer to me. He was paying attention. I blushed a little and rubbed the back of my neck.

"Yeah you could say that." I chuckled awkwardly. I felt something slither onto my hand and looked down.

The boy was holding my hand, I was a tomato at this point, and probably couldn't get even more red.

"Please tell me." He was looking down at both of our feet. I cleared my throat and started.

"Well... when I was a little younger, like a few years ago. I was to guard a cell with a few faries. The higher ups would come down and ask the faries where there were more of them. They wouldn't talk then one fairy would have the horror to have there wings plucked." My voice shook as I kept my tears back. The screams of the faries filled my mind and snapping of the wings being pulled out of their backs. I continued.

"They would scream and shout for help but I just stood there. And watch them be in pain. Everyday. Every night. In my dreams and when I was awake I could still here and see them. I wish I could've done more!" I gripped my blood covered hair and pulled at it a little so it would cover the Boy's view from my face.

"I wish I stood up for them!" I fell to my knees and hugged myself while gripping tightly on the boy's hand. "So I promised from that day, I would help all the mythical creatures and people, so they wouldn't experience the pain those faries did!" I spoke through gritted teeth.

The boy came down to my level and cupped my face with his free hand. He smiled and wiped away my tears. W-Why is he smiling I though to myself as the wind iced the little rivers on my face.

"I feel your pain." He came closer and rested his forehead on mine. "Come with me. I'll take you away from the violence and rage." I nodded as I stood up while fixing my red cape and walked with him as he laided on his pillow. "What's your name?" He turned to me.

"Shiro." I said in sniffs. "Yours?"

He smiled brightly and squeezed my hand gently.

"Harliquin."

Word count: 1088