The Boarder ~ Chapter 3

{Y/N} pov:

Five hours since we set off from the cave. We stopped at a river to get a drink and to get some rest.

Harliquin floated a meter or less away from me. He watched me as I sat on my legs while cupping the water from the river and sipping it.

As I finished what was in my hands I heard beating wings and rustling leaves on branches.

I stood up holding the handle of my sword with my right hand. Pulling it out slightly, I looked in the branches of the trees.

I was suddenly attacked by vines and roots which grew tremendously fast. The snake like vines zoomed at me and pulling out my sword I was about to slice through one.

But something caught my eye. Harliquin was being approached by another boy and girl.

The boy had turquoise hair and light green suit with a sunflower for a bow. The Girl had blonde hair and a white dress and long sleeves that hung loose near her wrists.

"Harliquin look out!" I shouted as I was hit back hard by the vine. I collided with a tree, as I fell down as I coughed up some blood.

"STOP IT!" I heard Harliquin upset and angered voice. He flew quickly towards me and picked me up a little. "You ok Shiro?" His eyes filled with worry.

"Y-yeah." I replied as I wiped the mixture of blood and salvia off my chin. Harliquin turned to the two in front of us.

"Helbram, Elaine. You can't just attack someone before asking what they are here for." He growled at the two. The two bowed their heads in shame.

"Sorry Harliquin." They both said. The one with green hair stood forward.

"Do you really thing we can trust a human, King? I did and it was a horrid experience. Don't make the same mistake as me!" He growled. I stood up and leaned on my sword and stood protectively over Harliquin.

Harliquin spoke raspily.

"If he was going to kill me. Wouldn't have he done it already? And he wouldn't have warned me of you two if he didn't care, would he?" He peared over my shoulder.

The faries bowed their heads in disappointment in themselves. I sighed, I hated seeing people being down because of their actions.

"It's not their fault Harliquin. They were doing what they could to keep their friends safe. I would've done the same." The faries looked up at me surprised, they didn't expect that as my response.

I smiled brightly. "Anyway my name's Shiro." The two faries looked more shocked then looked at each other.

"Helbram." The green one stepped forward.

"Elaine." The Girl in white stepped forward next to Helbram.

I nodded and looked over to Harliquin. Why did Helbram call him King? I thought to myself.

I didn't realise that Harliquin was standing there wondering if he did something wrong. He spoke.

"U-um. Shiro... is there something wrong?" He raised his hand and pointed in my direction. His voice broke my train of thought and blushing, I looked away.

"N-nothings wrong Harliquin." My voice broke a little and the two in front of us exchanged cheeky smirks. Helbram walked over to us.

"Are you two a..." He smiled back at Elaine and turned back to us to see our reaction. "Couple?"

Harliquin blushed bright red and shoved himself into my back as I went a little pink. "I-I don't think so." I replied.

"Ok, just wanted to know." He turned and stood by Elaine. "We should get back to the kingdom. Everyone will be worried."

Elaine nodded and looked at the two of us and smiled at me. I tilted my head in confusion and shrugged it off.

Then I felt something heavy and limp on my back. I turned my head to see Harliquin asleep and snoring lightly.

That might be why Elaine was smiling about. I thought to myself and walked behind the two faries as they lead the way to the 'kingdom'.

{A/N} Hey guys author~Chan here. If you guys are here then you can or like to read my crappy writing and you understand all of this shit. I don't. This chapter was smaller that the others cause i kept getting writing block, and it sucked! Hope you guys have a good day.
Bye~♡

Work count: 676