The Journey ~ Chapter 2

Shiro Pov:

It has been 20 hours since me and Harliquin set off. It was getting dark and I was a little tired.

I don't know about Harliquin but his eyes were half closed, a few minutes ago he fell to the ground but luckily for my quick reactions, I caught him. And he continued with pink cheeks after he snapped awake.

I yawned a little and stretched my arms like a cat-like reach. I'm basicly a cat in a human body really.

I'm quite fascinating, well to Harliquin anyway, because earlier I caught him looking at me when I was wiping my forehead with the bottom edge of my shirt. He blushed like mad when I caught him staring, it was adorable.

Harliquin head dropped and so did he with his pillow. I caught him for, like the 25th time, and walked over to a cave as it started to rain.

I laided him down on a straight patch of dirt with his pillow under him, and I sighed. As I got up his hands gripped my shirt and I gasped a little in surprise. But soon the shocked expression on my face turned to a warm smile.

I didn't want to wake him by opening his hands so I laided next to him as I dozed off to sleep with one arm under his head and another one over his side. We both peacefully slept that night.

~Skip Time To The Morning~

Harliquin's pov: (bc y not)

I woke up not opening my eyes, I felt something hard under my head and on my hip. I sighed annoyingly and gripped onto the fabric in my hands. Which I don't remember holding, it probably my chastifold but it was more harder.

As I snuggled against the warmth and comfort of the clothed object, I felt a few strains of hair fell onto my face and so I blew them off.

I heard a low, soft chuckle and opened my eyes. It was {Y/N}. Covered in blood? And a sword at hand.

I jumped back and saw him right next to me on my chastifold and blushed like mad. I felt quite chilly and looked down. I didn't have my coat on, it was covering my legs and Shiro's secondary red cape on my shoulders.

"You were shivering in your sleep so I gave you my cape." He smiled warmly.

"W-was I?" Shivering I tried to speak calmly but failed miserably. He nodded in reply.

He got up and stretched. I also got up and put on my coat. While I was doing all this I was deep in thought, did I pulled him in or did he come at will?

My face grew more red at the thoughts on what happened. I shook my head before the thoughts got more dirtier.

I turned to see Shiro sitting on the floor in front of a little fire that he might've made when I was sleeping.

But my face grew more red as I noticed that Shiro didn't have a shirt on and was washing it in his helmet.

I walked quietly and sat next to him.

"Why is you clothes covered in blood?" I quietly ask.

{Y/N} Pov:

I sat there and thought back to near four hours after we settled in.

I wasn't able to fall asleep. I was for a few minutes, but not anymore. As I stared at the roof of the cave, I kept sighing annoyedly.

It wasn't a few minutes later, the clicking of armour echoed quietly, then gradually became louder.

I growled at the sounds and picked my self up and looked down the cave opening. As I did, an arrow was shot right next to my left eye.

Pulling out my sword out for battle, I ran towards the group of men. As I did I stabbed and sliced through the useless pounds of flesh.

As I finished the rest of them I looked down at myself to see blood stain my shirt and made my hair a more darker shade of red.

Sighing, I walked back to where Harliquin was sleeping peacefully. I smiled seeing him so peaceful. But a slight detail caught my eye.

He was shaking, probably cold I thought to myself. So I took off his coat and laided it on his legs and I took off my cape and clipped around his neck.

It was also a little too dark for me too see so I got down and made a little fire and watched as the red and orange glowed and brighten.

The little fire popped and cracked as the flames devoured the wood in the middle of the light source.

Harliquin lightly smiled as I laided back down onto his pillow and sighed. He gripped my shirt again like before and held me close, well my shirt anyway.

I didn't put away my sword away in case they sent for reinforcements, so I laided it next Harliquin's low-powered body. As I did I started to drift into my cloud of thoughts that turned to light sleeping mode.

I snapped back and Harliquin was sitting next to me with his head tilted slightly. I didn't do anything but shrug.

"I was out..." I thought deeply. "Looking for... food! Yeah I was hunting and there wasn't any meat or animals nearby." I stopped again.

"...But then I realised that some people don't eat meat. So I just gave up and came back and pulled a rabbit for me to eat? It was quite small so i didn't get much meat out of it?" I didn't really know what to say, I was sweating a little, wanting him to not read me like a little children's book.

He slowly nodded his head and looked down me a little and rested his head on his knees. He sighed and watched me closely.

I huffed and got back to work trying to take out the blood from my shirt. It was annoying that a lot of blood got onto it.

It was my father's, before he passed away a year or so ago. He was my loyal soilder, my trusted supervisor, the bestest holy knight to me.

Anyway when I was washing the shirt, a certain someone was watching my un-covered upper body.

I looked over and saw Harliquin deamily look at my stomach and biceps. Chuckling quietly, I started to speak quite loudly.

"You ok Haliquin?" And with that said, he snapped out of his trance and blushed like mad. Cooing at his cuteness, I laughed jokingly.

"I-I'm f-fine." He blurted out. I got up with my shirt in hand and my trusty sword in the other.

"Well we better get going, if we gotta go far we should use the light of day wisely." I smiled as I pulled on my shirt. I winched a little and sighed. Harliquin nodded and gave me my secondary red cape.

Pain rubbing off my face, I took my cape from his small hand and clipped it around my neck over the longer one. After I put my sword into its scabert, I started to walk in the direction we were headed.

And off we went to the great unknown.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Well.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
To me anyway.

Word count: 1219