Chapter 7

JC woke up early the next morning still on the couch with Connor. She sighed, swearing under her breath. "Connor." She said, shaking the boy. "Wake up." Connor forced himself up. "What is it?" He asked. "We fell asleep watching the movie last night." JC answered.

Connor just looked at JC, not really understanding what she was saying. "We fell asleep next to each other." JC said finally. Connor looked at her. "Next to each other?" He asked. JC nodded. "Right next to each other." She replied. "No way." Connor said. "We did." JC replied.

A second later, Ricky and Kian came into the living room. "Good, you're up." Kian said. "Did me and JC really fall asleep next to each other?" Connor asked. Ricky nodded. Then he looked at JC.

"Here." He said, slipping a necklace - with the crystal on it - around JC's neck. "What is it?" JC asked. "When there's the full moon later this month, shine the crystal up to it and when the crystal turns a blue-silver color, just say you want to turn back into JC." Ricky answered.

"So, this will let me turn back into a guy?" JC asked. Ricky nodded. "Yeah." He answered. "Just wait until the full moon and it'll have the power to turn you back." JC smiled. "Thanks Ricky!" She exclaimed, hugging him.

Connor looked at the ground. "I'm going to go up to my room for a bit." He said, running upstairs. "What's wrong with Connor?" Kian asked. JC shook her head. "I don't know." She answered. "But I'm going to find out." JC then ran upstairs after Connor.

"Connor..." She whispered, standing in the boy's doorway. "What?" Connor asked, not looking at her. "What's wrong?" JC asked in reply. "Nothing." Connor lied. "Please tell me." JC said, sitting on the bed next to Connor.

"Nothing is wrong." Connor told her. "Is it something about the crystal?" JC asked. Connor ignored her and just continued to look at the ground. "Connor." JC said. He still ignored her and started texting on his cellphone. Nothing was going to get his attention.

Then JC got an idea. She grabbed Connor's phone. "JC!" Connor exclaimed. JC laughed and kept the phone just out of Connor's reach. "JC. Give it to me." Connor said, making an attempt to grab the phone. "I don't think you deserve it." JC replied.

Connor reached for his phone again. But JC still kept it out of his reach. "One last chance." Connor said with a smirk. JC rolled her eyes. "You're never going to get this phone back." She replied.

"Never say never." Connor said, grabbing his phone from her. "Connor!" JC exclaimed. "I hate you for making me love you." Then she realized what she said. "I mean...Umm..."

Connor laughed. "You like me?" He asked. JC's face was red with embarrassment. "I-" She began, not knowing how to finish the sentence. "I like you too, JC." Connor told her, kissing her on the forehead.