Crush

Jenn's POV

The timer from the kitchen pinged loudly and I quickly startled back as I realised  what I was about to do. I forgot I left that timer on for the pizza but I'm glad I did. I couldn't kiss my best friend what was I thinking? "Lemme go turn that off." I mumbled awkwardly looking for an excuse to leave this environment. I felt bad leaving Alyx alone in the living room, left alone to question what had just happened but I had to get some time to myself to think about my actions. I'm not even sure about my sexuality, it's never been something I've been open about but I know there's something different about Alyx. "Hey." I heard a quiet voice say behind me, distracting me from my thoughts "Oh hey, sorry I like completely forgot about the pizza." I blurted out awkwardly trying to cover up what had just happened. Alyx analysed my face, staring deep into me almost as though she could see right through me. She let out a faint smile "I'll help you get the pizza ready." I felt my heart melt.

Before I knew it it was getting close to 1am and I felt myself grow tired from the jetlag. I looked over at Alyx as she scrolled through Twitter while listening to Crush by Tessa Violet, I hated how much I related to her stupid songs but I couldn't help but admire her as she scrolled through her Twitter. "Hey." I said breaking the silence "Want to call it a night? I'm so tired." Alyx looked up from her phone to meet my eyes "I thought you'd never ask." 

I got into my bed next to Alyx who already had her head down on my pillow snuggled into my blanket. I wasn't weirded out at the thought of me and Alyx sleeping together as it's something that we usually did but something felt different about today. I slipped into the blanket and allowed the warmness of my bed to cover my body making me feel even more fatigued. I put my head down on Alyx's chest as she wrapped her arms around me. I listened to the sound of her heart beat and closed my eyes. This is where I felt the most safe and the most at home. I felt genuine happiness when I was next to Alyx. "Goodnight." Alyx whispered before placing a soft kiss on the top of my head. "Goodnight." I replied warmly allowing myself to forget about all my problems and letting myself slowly drift away in the comfortness of Alyx's arms.