Night Drive

Alyx's POV

I arrived to the club with Jenn already feeling tipsy but knowing I couldn't drink much as I was the one responsible for getting the both of us home. I walked with Jenn up to the bar knowing that it was going to be a long eventful night.

The whole night was a blur and I was now back in the car with Jenn in the passenger side extremely drunk. "I love you." Jenn blurted out drunkenly. I looked at her and giggled at how stupid and affectionate she got when she was drunk "I love you too." I replied before putting my eyes back on the road. Jenn's hand reached my thigh and I felt myself freeze, knowing where she wanted to go with this "No." Jenn said looking intensely at me trying to focus on my eyes "I don't think you love me the same way that I love you." I swallowed the lump in my throat feeling very anxious about where this would go now. I didn't want to fuck anything up with my best friend. "Let's talk about this when we get to my apartment." I announced trying to keep my cool and putting the volume up in my car to fill the silence. I played Night Drive by Echae en Route and continued to drive.

I opened the door to my apartment and took Jenn into my room. The thing she needed the most right now was to get some rest. Jenn sat on my bed and I shortly after joined her. It wasn't usual for Jenn to be sad when she was drunk but I could tell something was on her mind today that was really bothering her. "What's up?" I asked sympathetically as I placed my hand on her shoulder to try comfort her. Jenn turned around and quickly smashed her lips into mine, her lips were softer than I imagined and I could feel it getting more heated and passionate by the second, this clearly meant a lot to both of us. I felt Jenn's hands travel up my shirt, eagerly trying to unclip my bra. I pulled back. As much as I wanted this to happen I also didn't want Jenn to do anything she'd regret the next day.

I got into bed with Jenn and stared at the ceiling. "Do you think you'll remember this tomorrow?" I boldly asked. Jenn's eyes met mines, I could see how much I meant to her as she examined my face lovingly "Maybe." she sighed looking back at the ceiling "Maybe not.. but they do say drunk actions are sober thoughts." She turned back to me and kissed my lips softly, trying to savour the moment. I never wanted this to end.