Down to the Second

Alyx's POV

I woke up to see Jenn silently asleep beside me. I could look at her all day, she looked so peaceful. I just wanted to be beside her all day and have her wrapped around my arms whilst feeling the safeness of being around her. I looked over at the time; 1pm. I knew I had to leave.      I quietly slipped out of the comfort of Jenn's bed and looked over at her one last time, I didn't want to leave but I had to and I knew I would be able to see her later on tonight but something about leaving her alone hurts. I slowly put on my shoes and walked out the door.

I entered my apartment and allowed myself to unwind to the familiar sense of my home. It felt good to be back. I laid down on my bed and thought about Jenn and the warmness she made me feel. Jenn had a certain power over me that no one else has ever managed to have on me before. I slowly felt my eyes getting heavier and heavier as I thought about my best friend.

I woke up to the sound of a knock on my door. I walked up to my door and opened it to reveal the familiar blonde girl I spent my time with for a month. "Hey." Jenn said whilst slipping under my arm to walk into my apartment "I knew you'd be asleep so I just decided to come over and get ready with you because I didn't want to miss out on tonight." She said whilst letting out a soft chuckle. "Yeah yeah." I muttered playfully, nudging her arm gently "Let's get ready." 

I stared at myself in the mirror slowly applying my makeup for tonight trying not to mess anything up as I was already feeling slightly tipsy. I took a break and allowed the sound of my music to completely take over me. I listened intensely to Down to the Second by Zach Berkman, relating immensely. I looked back at my reflection to see Jenn in the background straightening her hair, concentrating hard on her simple task. I knew exactly what I wanted. I want to be with Jenn I thought to myself.