nineteen

Kevin was not nervous. No. In fact, he was more excited than anything. It did not necessarily feel like a date. It felt more like friends meeting up for the first time after years. Despite having no idea what the guy looks like. They had decided to meet up a local family restaurant. Kevin was not really sure who would pay so he grabbed his wallet just in case.

"Are you almost done," his roommate and best friend Eric yelled at him through the bathroom door.

Kevin had been staring at himself for the past five minutes in the mirror completely zoning out and thinking of all the possibilities. After hearing Eric's voice and snapping out of it, Kevin unlocked the bathroom door and walked out to see Eric sitting on his bed on his phone. He looked up noticing the older male as Kevin walked to his desk grabbing his phone.

"You look... dark. Good but dark" Eric says causing Kevin to laugh a little remembering Jacob's words from their previous conversation.

"That's what Jacob said, he picked this outfit out" Kevin said looking back down out the outfit that the author wants to remind everyone to check out chapter sixteen to recall.

"Oh wow, I see best friend being replaced" Eric fake pouts dramatically flinging himself down on the bed.

"Oh shut up, you were too busy pawning after Juyeon to even acknowledge my existence" Kevin joking responds before grabbing his pillow from his bed and throwing it at Eric.

He checks his watch and realizes he has about twenty minutes until their agreed time to meet. The restaurant was about a ten minute walk so Kevin decided to get a head start and leave now. Plus getting there early would allow him to relax a bit before Chanhee arrived.

"I'm going to leave now" Kevin said before grabbing his keys and quickly putting them in his pocket.

"Be safe, have a great time, and if you need anything including an excuse out you have my number" Eric rambles as he gets up and hugs Kevin in a proud motherly way.

Kevin just accepts it with a sigh before turning and leaving his dorm. Along the way to his date, he found himself staring at the couples he would pass more so than usual. Whether the couple was heterosexual or homosexual, he was so excited at the possibility of having that sometime soon. 

With slight nerves about the date he recalled that he had asked Younghoon to snoop through his boyfriend's phone and get him the phone number of the boy he would be meeting. He debated in his head on whether or not he should text the boy. Possibly warn him that he was almost there. Or even send an "I am excited" text. Despite the debate occuring in his head he decided to not text at all as he realized he had arrived.

"Hello, welcome, how can I help you" the host at the door smiles brightly greeting the boy still on edge and filled with nerves.

"I have a reservation for two under the name Moon" the host looks down at her papers with a smile sensing the nerves from the man stood in front of her.

"Right this way" she grabs two menus and leads Kevin to a table for two in the center of the restaurant allowing all of the eyes to fall on him. The people around him did not even mean to stare it just sort of happened.

"Your server Minkyu will be with you in just a moment" she bows before walking away and Kevin sits his phone down realizing that Chanhee would probably be here any moment. Once again he was too excited he barely noticed the server stood in front of him.

"Hello, my name is Minkyu and I will be taking care of you today, well at least for a little bit until the next round of servers come in," he jokes sensing Kevin's tense behavior, "can I start you off with something to drink?" Minkyu asks and Kevin just mumbles water before turning his attention back down to his phone.

This pattern continues. Minkyu would come and check to see if Kevin was ready to order as he sat alone in the middle of a busy restaurant all alone. Kevin would say no as he sat waiting, sure that Chanhee was running late and it would be rude to order with out. The looks of pity from the tables around him just added to the stress.

Ten minutes.

Twenty minutes.

Thirty minutes.

An hour.

Finally Kevin tracked down his waiter who seemed sorry for Kevin. "I think I got stood up," Kevin blushes and laughs a little "is there anyway I could get the cheapest thing on the menu though since I did not bring that much money with me" Kevin mumbles and the waiter just looks up the clock and then back down at the boy.

"One second" the waiter says before running off the the kitchen. Kevin never fully received a response and waited nearly ten minutes before Minkyu returned, still in uniform but this time without an apron. He hurried to Kevin's table and sat down across from him.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, but have you had a chance to look at the menu" Minkyu says casually briefly glancing at the menu before signaling another server over to the table.

"Hi my name is Yanan and I am sorry I kept Minkyu back from your guys date I just had too many tables at once so I asked him to keep this one and wait a bit I didn't realize it was a date, I am sorry" Yanan politely bows his head slightly at Kevin who was utterly confused.

"Oh, it is not-" Minkyu cut Kevin off quickly, "it's okay, as long as we can finally have our date, and I'll take a water" Minkyu smiles grabbing his hand and looking back at Yanan as Kevin blushed. Yanan hurried back into the kitchen and Kevin just looked at Minkyu wide eyed.

"Are you Chanhee, did Q lie about your name" Kevin asked incredibly confused.

"No, I really am Minkyu, but having someone late to a date is less embarrassing than getting stood up, plus I have money and I don't want you to have to settle on a meal" Minkyu says with a smile which causes Kevin to blush lightly and smile back.

He was beyond grateful to have been saved. And just in time at that.