twenty-one

As Kevin sat across from Minkyu in some random restaurant, he couldn't help but feel grateful for the latter saving him so many days ago.

"Thank you," Kevin mutters when Minkyu looks up at him making him nervous to meet the stare.

"No matter how much you say it, I really mean it when I say it was no problem, like I said you going out with me again got my coworkers off my back about being bad at dating so it was a win-win" Minkyu reminds the younger boy.

Kevin bites his lip and nods looking still feeling the sense of guilt for asking to take Minkyu out again. He had figured he owed the other after he so graciously saved him from the ultimate level of embarrassment that was sure to come with sitting alone for two hours to just leave alone. Kevin had decided that this guy was the warrior who saved his social reputation. Plus, Eric had asked Kevin to leave so he could have a little while alone with Juyeon to attempt to gain the courage to confess.

After the the lunch, Kevin had decided to bring Minkyu back to his dorm. It had been around two hours since he left and he figured Eric would like to meet the guy who saved his best friend's life. At least this is how Kevin imagined the situation panning out in his head.

"Oh hey, Kevin" Eric says when the two guys enter the dorm.

On his futon he sees Eric and Juyeon sitting beside one another with none other than Jacob Bae laying on Eric's bed on his stomach scrolling through his phone. Haknyeon was also in there sitting at Eric's desk on his phone as well. Minkyu quickly scanned the room after noticing the presence of more than one individual. After grazing through the people, he grabs Kevin's hand, likely from being anxious around so many new people.

"Hey guys, I wasn't expecting all of you to be here" Kevin says stepping into his room and leading Minkyu to his bed so the two could sit and face the others.

Kevin notices how awkward everyone was being and he knew he would probably have to come up with an escape plan soon. There was so much tension between the two on the futon and he figured that Haknyeon and Jacob weren't expected to be here. In fact, he thinks those two might have had worse time than he had.

"Yeah, neither was I" Eric mumbles crossing his arms lightly which causes Kevin to laugh and Juyeon to flinch slightly before turning red catching the words of the younger.

Kevin thinks a moment more before realizing he should probably introduce the male beside him. He hoped Eric would remember his name and doesn't ask any questions that would cause him to share his story of their meeting with any more people. He smiles at Minkyu with a slight squeeze of his hand before looking back at the others.

"Well, everyone, this is Minkyu," Kevin pauses to lose the grip of the other so he could point out the others, "that is Juyeon, Jacob, Eric, and Haknyeon" he finishes grabbing Minkyu's hand again which seems to calm the other again.

"Hello, Minkyu" Eric says with a small, very awkward and forced smile and Minkyu just returns an equally forced smile back in the other's direction.

Jacob looks up and scans the other before looking back down at his phone. Kevin was shocked at how rude the younger could come off in person. He knew his texting persona was a bit cold but he expected him to be nicer in person.

Juyeon awkwardly waves and Haknyeon just nods slightly not really looking away from his phone, "they aren't normally like this" Kevin whispers to Minkyu who just smiles softly before looking into the harsh crowd.

"Do they not like seeing their friend dating, are they protective" Minkyu asks raising his voice a bit so he was past a whisper making his voice heard to the room.

"You don't have to continue to pretend and date me, they know the situation" Kevin turns red lowering his head back towards Minkyu who looks around the room again.

"What if I said, I really enjoy your presence and think we should at least hang out a few more times" Minkyu said and he heard a scoff from somewhere in the room.

Kevin would scold whoever did that later but right now he wanted to leave the room and head to take Minkyu home. He also did not want to have this conversation with Minkyu in front of Eric who would never let him live it down. Kevin grabbed his hand a bit tighter with a smile on his face before leading Minkyu outside his door.

"Sorry, they're not usually like this, there was just too much tension built up between Eric and Juyeon who just need to make out already" Kevin rushes with a laugh, "but if you really mean it, I would really enjoy hanging out again sometime."

"I should probably get going, I have to go to work, but I really would enjoy that" Minkyu whispers slightly grabbing both of Kevin's hands and leaning down to Kevin's cheek slightly before kissing it softly, "now get back in your room and help sort your friends" he laughs before shoo the older off to work.

Kevin nods with a smile and flushed face. He turns back into his room and could feel the stares of all of those in the room. This only made his face become a darker color and the embarrassment feel so much stronger.

"He seems nice" Eric says into the awkward silence that filled the room up.

"He seems like a really weird cheesy guy, " Jacob speaks up to which Kevin just sighs slightly.

"Excuse you, Mr. Showoff, he is a really nice guy who wants to hangout more and get to know each other, and if he wants to put up with me he is a real keeper" Kevin crosses his arms speaking sassily back at Jacob who just smirks.

"We shall see" Jacob says jumping off the bed and heading towards the door, "well I have had enough of the sexual tension, I will see you guys in class tomorrow" to which Haknyeon laughs, Juyeon turns red, and Eric throws a pillow at his head sending him on his way.