THE ONE THAT KILLS THE LEAST

A Guide to Time Travel and Marvel's Bullshit by your (least) fav science major

     Einstein has stated that time is an illusion; it's relative and it can vary for depending on your speed through space.  basically a fourth dimention.  it's described as 3D and provides the traveler with lenght, width and height. Einstein also theorized that time slows down or speeds up depending on how fast you move ( ex , at speed of light, someone going in a spaceship would age much slower than the regular person sitting at home & watching t.v. ) Gravity can bend time.

So , what happened in Endgame ? Banner didn't even explain it. Theoretically speaking, their plan shouldn't work. The deal with the stones : by taking them away from their intended time and place they can create new realities.  One of the big reasons in which when Steve took them back he had to place them at the *exact* time they were taken from. 

But when they go back to the future, won't they come back to what they left? ( aka the decimation, not a new timeline? )   No - that's not how it works. moving to different points in time is like moving to different points in space. 

Frank Tipler proposed a solution that would allow backwards time travel.  AKA a giant and rotating tube in space that was infinitely long.  It would warp in the same way that a black whole would and light cones could, theoretically, of course, tip over. If tipped over enough, you don't necessarily have to go foward in time.  You could go back into the past as long as you wanted.  That make sense ? Probably not.  What i mean is, you can go as far back as you want.

Sure, you can curve this tube, but in doing so there's a problem.  Thanos snapping would still happen sometime in the past.  Whatever happened still had to happen in all other points / places in the world - time line.  Whatever you wanna call it. Yet Quantum mechanics came and saved the day !  Everytime you interact with another reality within the QS you split the universe and alter the timelines. 

If you could travel back in time from your timeline and travel back to the past you would have to split apart and travel down an alternate reality where guess what, you could do anything to yourself.  * cough *  give yourself a mild - cardiac arrest * cough * 

Basically, Thanos and his army jumped down to the OG timeline / world, the Avengers went back to 2024 after collecting the stones, Tony snaps, Cap returns the stones and goes back to the  1940's to live his life with Peggy, taking an alternate reality and then he returns to the OG timelime to give his shield back to Sam.

So, in the OG timeline the stones were NOT taken by time travel thanks to the avengers.
Thor and Rocket going to Asgard creates a new TL.

This timelime would most likely have had both a steve in the ice and an old steve.

My point : his presence at the main TL doesn't make sense and endgame is bs.

disclaimer : i did this research based on vids from youtube , my own knowledge and the help of some teachers so like