Part 2

The car crashed into a post, near the stonebridge. Everyone in the vehicle were unconscious, except for one certain baby.

The said baby's cries woke the eldest of the children. She held her hand up to her head.

"Oww..." She whined. What she saw next, will never be erased from her mind. Her two parents, dead. Their heads, bleeding and covered in glass shards. Her beloved sister, unconscious, but not wounded. She heard the crying and turned to the baby, who wasn't injured.

"Kenneth! Oh my gosh, you're safe." The blonde unbuckled the baby's car seat and carried the baby. "There, there little guy.." She said as she searched the baby for injuries. She turned to her sister and shook her.

"Bethany, wake up!" The girl said as she wiped her tears on the sleeve of her jacket. The brunette opened her blue eyes and looked up at her elder sister.

"Amelia...it..it hurts.."  Bethany whimpered.

"Y-You're gonna be okay, Beth. Just..Just stay with me, I'll go get help..I-I'll.."

"There's no time.."

"No no no. Sis please don't say things like that." She grabbed her sister's hands.

"I'm sorry..A-Amelia.." The smaller girl's vision started to darken.

"No! Don't you dare close your eyes!"

"Take c-care...of Ken.." She gave her sister a smile before she closed her eyes.

The blonde sat there.

Her sister is dead.

Her family is dead.

And she didn't do anything about it.

Her thoughts were interrupted by her brother's cries and another sound from the distance.

"There's smoke!"

People are coming.

The first thing that popped into her mind was being put up for adoption.

No. She and her brother might be separated. Without thinking twice, she grabbed her baby brother, got out of the car and hid under the bridge.

She watched the people surrounding the broken car.

"The family's dead!"

"Where's the baby?"

"Look at the sticker! The eldest and the baby are missing."

She tried her best not to make any sounds in her attempt to escape. She got out of the water and tried to leave the place without anyone noticing.

"Is that-?"

She jerked her head to the crowd to see a woman with curly brown hair who saw her leaving. Her instincts told her to run, so she did.

"Child wait!"

The blonde kept running and running until she reached the city. She stopped for a moment to catch her breath.

"Ababa!" The baby reached his hands up to her face.

"No play time yet, Ken. We gotta get home fir-"

"There she is!" Someone yelled.

She turned back to see the same woman, but she also saw a man with the same hair color as the woman. The man ran towards her. She snapped out of her thoughts and ran into the crowd, hoping to lose the adults following her. She squeezed herself to the other side of the crowd.

"Excuse me. Sorry, just passing through. Excuse me please." She said as she passed. After a while, she got out.

Luckily, it worked.

"Over there!" The woman called.

For a moment.

A normal person would run faster and faster until they reached their destination and would then look for a place to hide. She did that for 3 minutes until she had an idea.

No. Hide first, run later.

Amelia ran into an alleyway.

Seeing that no one caught up yet, she hid in a garbage dumpster.

'Eww... I should have thought twice about this.'  she thought.

She held her breath so she couldn't smell the awful odor.

She felt something wet on her arm and saw his brother drooling.

"Eww... Kenneth stop that." The girl said as she wiped the saliva away.

"Abuhba..gaga!" The innocent baby said.

"Shhh..."

"I think they went this way."