Part 3

Amelia covered her brother's mouth, hearing someone coming.

"Shh.." She whispered. She could only hope that the ones chasing her will eventually get off her scent.

The woman caught up with the man. "Are you sure?" she asked. "I hope so. Do you think they aren't the ones involved in that car crash? We might be chasing down the wrong people, Hannah." The male asked. "I saw them by the bridge near the crash site." Hannah answered.  The man heard a faint tap on plastic. "What was that?" He asked. He went deeper into the alleyway, finding the source of the sound. He looked over at the dumpster at the side of the alleyway. He went over to lift the lid but was interrupted by a shout from the distance."Elliott, there you guys are." was the shout. The man, or "Elliott," looked over to see a redhead with Hannah. It was his brother, Max. "Oi Max, you're here?" Elliott called, leaving the dumpster, walking towards the two adults. "Yes, I'm here. Couldn't be anywhere else! How have ya been?" The redhead pulled Elliott into a hug. "I'm doing great." He said as they pulled away. 

"What are ya doing there?" Max asked. "Well, there was car crash at the bridge outside the city and-- you saw it right?" Elliott said. "I heard some people talk about it when I went to look for you two." The redhead shrugged. "So what about the crash?" Max asked. "Hannah said that she saw the eldest and the baby, that wasn't injured in the crash. So we looked for the kids." The younger boy said. "So, you lost them?" Max asked. "The girl was too fast." The girl said.

"Anyway, we can continue looking for them tomorrow. Emily's missing ya guys. Let's go home." Max suggested. The couple nodded. The three adults walked home, talking about work and parent stuff.

The blonde peeked out from the dumpster. "They're gone." She said before letting out a sigh. She carefully got out of the dumpster with her brother. "Great. I hope I know the way home." She muttered. The baby wasn't even confused about where they are and just kept muttering syllables. The girl didn't mind, she just laughed it off. I mean, he's her little brother, he's all she has. The young girl peeked from the alleyway to see if they are people left. She hid back into the alleyway. "I guess I have to wait 'til it's night." She sighed.

Timeskip (7:00 pm)

Meanwhile at a subdivision nearby, at the biggest house.

"We're home!" Elliott called as he entered the mansion. A girl about 8, ran from downstairs and to the adults that entered. The man grabbed the girl and lifted her up. "Did you miss Daddy?" He asked. The girl nodded. "Welcome back, Sir Elliott." The blonde maid greeted, bowing before his master. "Is dinner ready, Sarah?" The maid looked over at her mistress and answered. "Yes, Madam." "Alright, Emi, let's go." Elliott said to his daughter as they went to the dining room. The mistress went over to the maid.

"How was she?" She asked. "She was alright, Madam. Although, she didn't go outside today to play with our neighbors." The maid answered. "Hey Hannah, come on, the food's getting cold." Max called from another room. "Well. Let's eat then, come join us, Sarah." The brunette offered. "Alright, if you say so, Madam." The maid accepted.

The women went into the kitchen to join the others.

Back to Amelia.

After seeing that no one is around, Amelia went out of the alleyway and thought about going home to get some stuff. She walked down the empty streets, her little brother, sleeping in her arms. When they finally reach the subdivision, she looked for a way to get inside without being spotted by the guard. Until then, she kept her distance from the gate.

Amelia grabbed a rock and threw it at a post nearby. The guard turned his head to the side where he heard the sound. Amelia took this chance to sneak in. After she got past the guard, she began to run to the houses so the guard won't see her when he looks back. The streets were silent and the houses are devoid of light. After a lot of running she finally got to their house.

Home Sweet Home...