+2+

Chapter 2: Group Project

Aphmau
"Okay class, today we're starting a group project."

I silently cheer, and look at Kawaii~chan. We lock eyes.

In that moment, we're both thinking the same thing.

Grab Ro'meaves, make group.

I glance at Zane and Vylad. They both look scared.

I can't imagine why.

"This will be a joint project, with other classes from higher levels. We are joining with the Senior and Sophomore classes." The teacher explains. I smile even wider. I might get paired with more friends!

"I will announce your groups now."

Wait, we aren't picking groups?

My face falls.

I don't pay attention to the names. Not until I hear my name.

"Aphmau Firewing, Ka...waii~chan? Zane Ro'Meave, and Vylad Ro'Meave."

I hold back a cheer. Kawaii~chan doesn't.

"Yes!" She exclaims.

"You four are group 5. The Sophomores will be here to assign a person, and we will be going to the Seniors afterward." Teacher says.

As if on cue, there's a knock on the door.

"Ah, are you the Sophomores?"

"Uh, yep. This is class 1026, right?" I recognize Katelyn's voice.

"Yep, come on in." A line of students stream in, Katelyn in the lead with Lucinda and Garroth behind her. I wave at them. They all wave back.

"Groups, get together and hold up your numbers. Sophomores, I assume you all know your numbers?" They all nod. Kawaii~chan and I stand up and sit with Zane and Vylad. We all hold up a hand.

Katelyn cheers quietly, Lucinda smiles, and Garroth runs over.

"Yes! Partners!" Garroth cheers, plopping in between his brothers and putting his arms around them. Zane pushes it away.

"I assume we're a group then?" Lucinda smiles, sitting with us.

"Yep! Group number 5!" I cheer.

"Do you know what we're doing?" Katelyn asks.

"Nope!" Kawaii~chan says cheerfully.

"Alright, now we're going to see the seniors. You will go in, and find your last set of the group. The teacher will then explain what is happening."

We all stand up, and start to leave. My friends and I are last, and we're about to exit the room, when the teacher stops us.

"Sorry to stop you, but there is a socially unstable Senior part of your group. You'll be meeting the rest of your group outside where it's more quiet, to respect their mentality." She says.

"Oh, alright." I say. We follow the teacher outside, and she leads us to where a small group is. I recognize Aaron, but not the other three.

All three are girls, the first has long purple-pink hair and blue eyes. Next to her is a brunette with green eyes, and in front of them is a girl with bleached white hair and purple eyes.

"This is your group, I'll leave you all to introductions. Come see me when your ready to receive your assignment."

The teacher leaves.

"Hiya!" I cheer, waving.

"Hey Aph..." Aaron smiles a little, and waves back.

"Do you... know each other?" The bleached haired girl asks. I nod.

"Whatever. I'm Cathy." The brunette scowls.

"My name is Betty!" The purple-pink haired girl chirps.

"I'm Jennifer, or Jenny if you prefer." The bleached haired girl smiles.

After introductions, we talk to the teacher.

"Alright. All the groups are being sent to an area outside Falcon Claw for a study. This trip is a month and a half long. It will test your survival skills, and ability to assess the area. All the places have been scouted, and are safe as long as you follow guide. Here's your guide, map, destination, and did I mention your camping? Here are the supplies you need. Your welcome to bring anything else you wish." The teacher says, handing us a bunch of things. "The rest of it is in the vehicle provided." She motions to a motorhome.

"Uh, what about our other classes?" Katelyn asks. "And, is this even legal?"

"Your other class teachers have been talked to, and everything is fine with them. As for legality, this is actually a government funded program for us to test how well our students can survive in their own. Think of it as a privileged one-time only experience."

"Oh." Katelyn sighs.

"Well, get going! All the other groups have left already. Make sure you stop anywhere to pick up extra things." The teacher exclaims, pushing us toward the  vehicle. We all climb in.

"I'll drive." Aaron offers.

"I call shotgun!" I exclaim, racing to the front seat. Everyone laughs. Aaron sits down in the drivers seat.

"Everyone ready?" I call.

"Yep!"

Aaron starts driving.

The adventure has begun.