+10+

Chapter 10: Sickly Swimming

Aaron
The two girls cheered, and scrambled to collect the few things they had. Aphmau smiled.

"Are you sure?" I ask her quietly.

"We have to get out of here." She replies firmly. I nod.

Once the two are ready, Aphmau climbs into the water, and one by one, the rest of us follow.

Once we're in, Aphmau goes under. Hesitantly, the two girls follow, and I follow them, holding my breath and closing my eyes.

I feel a tap on my shoulder, and open my eyes. Things are murky, and it's hard to see, but I can see Aphmau, with a purple seashell bra, and a shimmery purple tail. She smiles, and I realize I can breathe properly.

Aphmau grabs Taiya's hand, who grabs Kaiya's hand, and then grabs mine with her other. She takes off swimming, going quickly.

Although she's going fast, very fast, it still takes a long time. Maybe about an hour. When she breaks the surface, oir air bubbles pop, and we join her.

"That was fun!" Taiya exclaims.

"No, it wasn't..." Kaiya stammers, trembling.

Aphmau swims to the ground and climbs on. Her tail disappears, and her clothes change back to normal. I climb up next to her. 

"Are you okay?" I ask worriedly.

"Yeah... just tired..." she mumbles, coughing a little. Her face a light shade of pink, but I can't tell if it's sickness or just being tired. Taiya and Kaiya climb onto the ground with us.

I lay the back of my hand on her forehead, and gasp.

"Oh Irene, Aph your burning up." I say. Her forehead is burning hot.

"Aaron, I'm fi-" she cuts herself off by throwing up in the water.

The rest of us look away as she continues to vomit for a good 5 minutes.

"Okay... maybe I'm not feeling necessarily good..." she mumbles. I sigh and take off my coat, using it to clean her up.

"So, where to from here?" Taiya asks.

"Down the large, dark, only tunnel?" Kaiya asks sarcastically.

Aphmau nods, and I help her stand up, but she falls over almost immediately. So instead I pick her up bridal-style, and carry her as we start walking down the tunnel.

She falls asleep on me.

We continue walking down the path.

"So, your both werewolves?" I ask, remembering the wolf features that had popped up on Taiya earlier.

"Huh? Oh, yeah." Taiya nods, and her ears and tail pop out along with Kaiya's. They disappear again quickly.

"We don't have them out often, because there's so many smells down here. It's useless, and they get in the way sometimes." Kaiya explains.

"Do you have any friends on the surface?" Taiya asks, changing the subject.

"Yeah, we were sent on a camping trip by our college. Three of them are merman," I say, "though, technically only two are. One of them turns into a crab instead for some reason."

"So he's crabby?" Taiya asks cheekily. Kaiya starts snickering.

"Pfft, you could say that." I chuckle, "He's definitely not the nicest person."

"Let's hurry, I'm getting sick of being down here." Taiya says. Kaiya and I nod, and we continue on.

These two girls are so mature, it's hard to believe they're just ten.

Kawaii~chan's POV
"Dinner is ready!" I call. Everyone rushes over, and Lucinda helps me serve the food.

"Hey, I forgot to ask, did anything happen while you were out Zane?" Katelyn asks.

"No..." Zane grumbles sadly.

"They still aren't out?" Jenny asks.

"Jenny, they're going through a tunnel that might not even lead back out here." Cathy retorts.

"Don't be pessimistic Cathy~chan!" I exclaim, "I'm sure they're fine!"

"Bet you won't say that when we find out they burned in a pit of lava." Cathy grumbles.

"Cathy!" Betty whacks her lightly, "Stop it! Your scaring them!"

"The only person she's scaring is Garroth." Lucinda replies, glancing at him. Vylad sighs, and pats his brother on the back.

(Fun fact: "pats" auto corrected to "Pat's")

"Don't worry Garroth, I'm sure they'll make it out safely." He assures his brother.

"I-I know..." he mumbles.

After dinner, everyone goes to bed, of course leaving me to clean up. I don't mind though.

I hum a quiet tune as I start washing the dishes, until I hear someone start dry them. I look over, and see Zane??

He notices me giving him a questioning look, and turns red.

"Uh, I uh, just... didn't think it was right, to uh... leave you to clean up alone." He stammers. It's kind of cute.

Wait what?

"But Zane~kun, you never care what's right." I reply, giggling a little. His blush grows.

"Well, I do now! Just... don't tell anyone..." he mumbles.

"Don't worry! Kawaii~chan won't tell a soul!" I promise.

"...Thanks... Kawaii~chan." He replies. I smile and nod, and we finish the dishes together.

"Thanks for your help Zane~kun!" I exclaim cheerfully afterward.

"Whatever..." he grumbles, "I'm going to bed." He walks into the guys tent. I go into the girls tent.

Zane's POV
"Baby Brother's gotta cruuuussshh~!"

That's the first thing I hear when I enter the boys tent.

"OW!" Is the second thing I hear.

Yes, both are Garroth, and yes I punched him. He was asking for it.

"Zane!" Vylad exclaims.

"He asked for it." I retort, "I'm not in the mood right now."

"But you have a c-"

"No, I do not, have a crush on Kawaii~chan. I just felt bad about leaving her to clean up by herself." I growl.

"I didn't know you had feelings Zane." Vylad says.

"Do you wanna get punched too?!" I demand, glaring at him. He stops talking. Garroth starts snoring, having fallen asleep. I sigh, and lay down.

I don't get a lot of sleep that not.

I'm too busy sorting out my emotions.