The Mall, the Bad, and the Fabulous

Mason lay on his bed as he read the journal he found in the woods. He eventually came across a page. It held a mysterious wheel.

The wheel had twelve symbols on it in a circle. A pine tree with the big dipper in it, a star within a heart, an upside down top hat with a star above it, a base ball bat, a crescent moon, a test tube, a four fingered hand, an exclamation point, the alchemical symbol for earth, a skull with devil wings, a marionette (A kind of puppet.), and a happy & sad theater mask.

Mason was intrigued mostly by what sat in the middle, for in the middle was a triangle with a brick pattern on the bottom, one big eye in the center with a slitted pupil, a suit tie, a bowler hat, and stick arms & legs. The symbol mesmerised him, but he didn't know why. It was something a small child could draw, but he felt... Connected... to it.

He grazed his finger along the image when he heard a banging on his bedroom door. "Mason! Come on! We're gonna be late for meeting Gideon!" Came Mabel's voice from the other side of the door. He sighed and closed the book before putting it back in his messenger bag.

"Coming!" He called and grabbed his cap. He put the cap on as he grabbed his gray denim jacket and walked out.

Once Mason was down stairs the twins set out to meet Gideon at his tent. Once there Mabel looked confused. "Where is Paz? She's NEVER late. She's actually always early...." Mabel said as she looked around.

Gideon gave a small light harted chuckle. "Yeah, she called me earlier actually. Her game got extended so she'll catch up later. We are just going to Ruby Hill after all." He explained and Mabel nodded in understanding.

Mason stood there on his flip phone texting someone when Mabel set her head on his shoulder. "Whatcha doin Dipper?" She asked and he jumped a. little in surprise. "MABEL! Don't scare me like that!" He exclaimed as he tried to calm his beating heart. Normally he didn't scare so easily, but with all the supernatural stuff going on in this town he was understandably jumpy and a tiny bit paranoid.

Mabel chuckled. She was glad with her work. "Sorry, and I'll ask again. What are you up to Dipper?" She said and he sighed. He had a feeling he knew why she was calling him that and he hated it. First Vea and now Mabel. The only reason he would even remotely allow it is because Vea has always been like a big sister, and Mable IS his sister. "Please don't call me that and I'm texting." He said before putting his phone in his back pocket. "Now, are we headed out or what?" He asked and Gideon smiled. "Let's. Paz will take a while so might as well get a move on!" He said and Mabel nodded.

The group of three set out into the forest as Mason tried to keep from getting any injuries to the face.

After a while of walking Mason slipped and slid down a steep hill and landed in orange clay. Gideon and Mabel weren't far behind him as they slid down like pros and rushed to him. "Mason!" Mabel called as she ran to him. "Are you hurt?!" She asked as she helped him up.

Mason waved it off. "Just m-mud. I'm fine! It should wash out in a couple of washes!" He said before looking down to see it was wet clay rather then mud. His eyes went wide as saucers as he got a horrified expression. "OH NO IT'S CLAY! IT'S NEVER GONNA WASH OUT NOW! MY ENTIRE OUTFIT IS RUINED NOW!" He yelled out in panic and anger. Mabel and Gideon looked to each other worriedly. "Don't worry... I-it-it's just some clay. No big deal!" She said and tried to wave it off, but Mason's face only grew red. "JUST CLAY?! NO BIG DEAL?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! THIS IS A BIG DEAL! A VERY BIG DEAL! HOW DUMB CAN YOU BE TO ACTUALLY STAY THAT?! I CAN'T EVEN WEAR THESE CLOTHES NOW!" That was just the beginning of what he was screaming. Mabel just took it. She did just make a mistake. She asked Mason to calm down... That was like asking an angry girl to calm down.