Chapter VI

That night, the trio went up the mountain to get some of Daniel's things that way he could live with them so they could keep him safe. Upon arriving at his small cabin like house, the hunters notice it was in shambles, and from the look on Daniel's face, that wasn't how he left it.

"No. No. No. No. No!"

Daniel runs over to his house with worry. He throws open the door to find his coffin destroyed, his blood chest raided.

"..."

He then runs over to his animals followed by the hunters. His face completely drops. All the animals are dead. Blood fully drained from their body.

"T-they're all dead...."

He starts crying looking over his dead animals.

"They might have been how I got my food, but I cared for them. They were the only one's I could talk to and not get judged by. They were more than food. They were my friends."

Zac walks over to him and hugs him.

"Shh... Shh... It's okay. Everything will be okay." Zac tries to comfort him.

"My poor animals. They didn't deserve this. They raided my ice chest. That should have been enough! They didn't have to kill them"

"Stop crying Daniel! We will find the vampires who did this. Now man up and learn to stand up for yourself." Evernife growls causing Daniel to stop crying and look at him.

Daniel gasps with tears running down his cheeks still.

"Ugh. Come here." Evernife pulls Daniel into a hug and stroke his silver hair, placing Daniel's head against his chest.

Daniel hugs Evernife back immediately, crying into his chest for a good five minutes before he is able to pull himself together.

"Thanks for that Evernife...."

"Whatever. Is there anything left you could scavenge up?"

Daniel thinks for a moment then leaps up and bolts over to a cave with ivy covering the entrance like a curtain.

"My storage area might have been untouched!"

The hunters follow him into the dark cave. Daniel picks up a torch and lights it and low and behold, everything had remained untouched.

"Thank goodness!"

Daniel immediately starts going through chests, every once in a while grabbing something out of one and putting it into a small back pack. Items included clothes, books, and a few personal items.

"Did you get everything you need?" Evernife asked.

"Yeah, thanks for coming with me."

"No problem Danny!" Zac chirped," Let's go home!"

Zac grabbed Daniel's hand and Evernife's hand and proceeds to drag them down the mountain back to the campsite.