chapter 4 - puppet

Felix uploaded the video he edited and leaned back in his temporary set up.
It was nice to be away from the stress. He was beginnging to smile more and wasnt so pissed.

His phone began to ring
Brad ❤
He picked up the phone and heard Brads excited voice.
"Check FlareTV"

"Why?" Pewdiepie typed into the search bar. He clicked on the livestram and heard his old yet new song playing.

"Hoo my GOSSSSHHH!"
The count had risen to 100k. They were ahead.

"I know right!" Brad practically yelled into the phone. "The Headquarters are working as hard as ever since that song."

"What's up?" Marzia came over. She peered over Felix's shoulder and gasped. "Yay!"
She kissed him on the cheek.

"Thanks for letting me know brad," Felix smiled. Marzia walked away and began to prep something small to celebrate.
In a hushed tone, felix asked brad, "have you ever told me what happens in the actual war?"

"What do you mean?"

Felix tapped his fingers on the desk, "how is the army holding up? Yeah we're getting more subscribers, but how about the actual fighters."

Brad's side of the call was silent and was muffled. "I don't think we should discuss this now."

"We'll be heading back in a few days," felix sighed, "I want a brief on the entire situation"

"We gave you what you needed to know," Brad said. "While in the headquartera you only need the major events and numbers."

Felix furrowed his brows in confusion before he clenched his fists, "Brad, I need to know everything about the entire war if I'm in charge."

"Oh fuckin shit," Brad's voice grew distant from the phone before coming back again, "you really thought you were in charge of this entire thing"

"I am!" Pewdiepie exclaimed. Marzia peeked her head around the corner. He smiled and turned around, bringing less attention to himself. "I had to see what was happening before I made any actions," he said in a hushed tone. " I helped make this army."

"Oh yeah," brad said, "then explain the past year. I used to always prepare the materials to present and you would just shrug and say 'fuck this.' You didn't want to do any of this, so I had to work my ass off to keep this entire thing running." Brad's voice was filled with anger, "If I showed you everything you would stop all of the progress we've been making."

"Brad," Pewdiepie stopped him, "listen to yourself."

"I am." There was a brief moment of silence. "You don't understand what this entire war means. We all finally have a purpose."

"Brad, what are you even sayi-"

"If you want the entire thing, we'll give it to you. I'll pull out all of the information from the battlefield that you didn't want to hear. You'll hear it all when you come back to HQ." Brad grit his teeth, "why is it now you want this?"

Felix started, "I saw Slippy." But the call had ended. Marzia came around the corner with some fruit and dip. Felix faked a smile, "Bye man, thanks for telling us."

"Congratulations on being number one again," Marzia teased him and set the plate down. She pulled up the video and let it play in the background. "I think we'll make it to 100 mil if we continue like this."

"But what are the chances," Felix shook his head. What did Brad know that he didnt? Was Brad really holding back that much information? Was Brad the one manning the company and Pewdiepie was the puppet?

The couple sat and ate while talking about their trip. Felix tried to keep calm as he continued to think about the entite situation.
Too much was unfolding. Slippy... Brad...
He could barely find any meaning in this and now everyone was tellig him to go on.

Marzia walked off witht he plate and instead of following her, Felix began to research some news about the war to be somewhat aware of what was occurring before the meeting with Brad.

"Oh my gosh"

How could he not see all of this? Why didnt he get any recommendations or comments on this?
How was he so blind?

Sub gap: +100K