Chapter 22: Boom

Nobody moved for the next 30 seconds as they all tried to register what they were seeing. The scarred girl was standing before them, unmoving and fearless while holding a device that could kill them all. They were torn between wanting to stay as still as possible and attacking the woman who had put them all in danger.

Lincoln tightened his hold on Diana and growled at her to answer the question. She knew that she had no choice but to tell the truth. She knew she was dead if she didn't.

"It was a safety measure! If anyone found them they wouldn't be able to tell anyone about my plans and it could be passed off as a tragic accident." It may have been the truth, but the people who heard her weren't impressed. "I will tell you everything! Who I work with, who has the other plans, whatever you want to know! Just don't kill me please!" Sydney was pleading with the group.

Anya never took her eyes off Clarke when she spoke up. "How do we deactivate the grenade? You couldn't have had it there if you didn't have a way to disable it."

"There isn't one. It is a heat sensitive shrapnel grenade. When she grabbed it with her hand, she activated it. It can't be deactivated. After it leaves the heated area, it will have three seconds before it goes off."

Clarke thought quickly and could only determine one course of action that would save everyone else. But maybe not her. She knew if it went off anywhere in the Ark more people would get hurt, but outside they could get far away from the blast. She turned to look towards her parents. "Abby, is there anywhere near here that isn't needed to survive on the ground? If I can to release it there, I has three seconds to get as far away as possible."

Abby thought quickly before answering. "Just outside the Ark is an area that we haven't decided what to use for yet. If is a bit rocky, but not too far from here."

"Okay. Jake, Abby, lead Clarke, Costia, Raven and myself there. Luna, Lincoln, you stay here with the traitor and the rest of the Ark leaders stay here. No need for anyone else to get hurt. Try and find out all you can from her as well. Ask about the Blake boy and anyone else she has tried to entrap in her plans." Anya was calm and collected when she spoke that none of the Arkers objected to being told what to do by the grounder general. They could see that they were out of their element.

Abby and Jake quickly led the group through the Ark, sending anyone they saw on the way to safety. Abby sent one to get her medical kit from the med bay, just in case. Clarke moved quite quickly for someone holding a live explosive. It showed her parents how used to this she was. IF she could keep calm through this, she could handle anything.

Raven watched as her sister manoeuvred her way through the halls of the Ark. Anyone who saw her would be amazed at the grace and beauty she moved with. She heard one of the 100 say once that she moved like a dancer from the videos they had on the Ark. Raven saw her move like the assassin she was. Silent, deadly and quick on her feet. If there was anyone you wanted running a grenade through the Ark, it would be her.

They were led outside and Abby showed Clarke where she should be aiming for. For obvious reasons, she didn't get too close to her, but Raven followed Clarke as far as possible. They had a very hushed conversation in Spanish and Raven nodded before kissing her on the forehead and backing away. Ravens face was ashen, and she quickly made her way next to her wife and held onto her tight. They were all about 100 metres away from the blonde. Raven refused to mention anything to the group and kept her expression impassive as she watched Clarke take a deep breath in.

Then out.

In.

Out.

In.

And throw.

3.

Clarke launched the grenade as far as possible before turning tail and bolting away from the grenade. The easiest route for her to run was slightly off to the right of them and they watched as she tried to outrun it.