Chapter 2: Ilvermorny

Asmodeus was put to rest near the lake. A couple weeks later, I received a letter explaining that the wizard who killed Asmodeus was captured. The jewel and horns were a mystery to me since they didn’t seemed to be buried with Asmodeus.

Headmistress Quintana was kind enough to send a professor to help me get my things. Professor Zara Tenaya was the teacher for potions and designated as my guardian. She had came by to our home few days a week to get to know me and my mother. She was a very kind lady. On my fifth birthday, she gave me a book on the history of Ilvermorny. I got to learn a lot about the foundation of the school.

Slowly, I was looking forward to going to magic school. I did’t realize that it was close to our home. It was just covered with a spell so No-Maj could see. 

I wanted to see the castle up close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

September 1st….

It was the first day of school at Ilvermorny. All first years were getting sorted into their houses. The professors and students watched us from above. The different statues represented the different houses. They decide the student’s house.

Quietly, I stood on the Gordian Knot mark in the room. Everyone was very quiet to see me being sorted. Next thing I knew, I saw the thunderbird statue flaps it’s wings. {So…I’m in the thunderbird house?} “ROAR!” I got started and turned my attention to the Wampus statue. It was roaring. {The Wampus wants me too.} The Pukwudgie raised it’s arrows. {What’s going on?}

Then, I turned my head to the Horned Serpent Statue to see that the jewel on it’s head started to glow brightly. There was a big commotion in the room. I looked up at Headmistress Quintana who stood from her seat.

“Many years, I had been headmistress. This is the first time I had seen that the four houses want a witch or wizard in their house. There were very few in the past that had been through the same situation. The last was Seraphina Picquery who eventually went into the Horned Serpent house,” she said to everyone. {So…I’m not the only one.}

Headmistress Quintana looked at me. “It is up to you who choose the house that you want to go into,” she told me. {Me?} I had no idea what house to choose. The Horned Serpent house represented Mind and favored Scholars. The Wampus represented Body and favors warriors. The Thunderbird represented Soul and favored adventurers. The Pukwudgie represented the heart and favored healers.

I thought about myself. I didn’t know anything about magic until recently. I wanted to learn everything and about myself. After much thought, I made my decision. “I choose the Horned Serpent house,” I said out loud.

The Horned Serpent house was very happy. Headmistress Quintana nodded in approval. Quickly, I walked through the halls to another room to get my wand.

The room wasn’t big as the sorting room. I walked up to a long table that was lined with boxes with a single one in each box. “I am Professor John Roberts. Professor of the Defense of the Dark Arts. Please choose a wand. You will know if the wand chooses you,” he told me. I gave him a nod. “Yes. Professor.”

I looked at the set of wands. Each was was crafted very beautifully. Some wands were more simple in designs than others. As I scanned each wand, I came across one that drawn me towards it. The wand was dark brown in color with a handle of gold. At the end was an amber jewel. Professor Roberts took notice of the wand.