Prologue

Florence’s Point of View……

August 12, 1980

“Wahhhh!”

“Congratulations. It’s a girl,” my doctor told me. I was breathing heavily from exhaustion. After a fourteen hour labor, I had just given birth to my daughter. Tiredly, I watched the nurse take my daughter to a table to clean her. I saw blood on her small head.

After cleaning her a bit, I watched the nurse place my daughter on a scale. “Four pounds and eight ounces. She is quite small,” the nurse said to the doctor. This made me extremely worried for my daughter. I knew that I was suppose to eat more, but I had difficulty eating much food. 

“Other than that, she is completely healthy,” the nurse said to us. I sighed in relief. After a while, the nurse came over to me with the baby. She carefully placed the baby in my arms. “There you go. This is your mama,” the nurse said to my daughter with a smile. I was amazed by my daughter’s appearance. She was a very beautiful baby.

She had little tuff of blackish brown hair on her head. Her face was flushed from the birth. I couldn’t believe that she was inside of me this whole pregnancy. She was indeed small. I let out a deep sigh. {I wish your father was here to see you.}

I met her father while I was abroad in England at a University. I was at an archive researching some things for a report. I bumped into him when I was trying to reach some files on the top shelf. He reached up and grabbed it for me. He was older than me and had long dark hair. I didn’t know how much older though. Since then, I started to meet him more and more at the archive.

We eventually fell in love and spent time together for a whole year. He told me about his deepest secret. He was a pureblood wizard and told me many things about magic and the wizard world. He came from the purest pureblood family in the wizard world and one of the last.

He came from a special kind of pureblood family. He said something about cleansing of muggle blood or something. On our six month anniversary, he gave me a gold necklace. It was beautiful.

One day, he came to my apartment and told me that he couldn’t afford to see me anymore. He said that he was married and had two boys of his own. He didn’t want anything to do with me. I begged him to not leave me but, he left me.

A couple months later, I found out that I was pregnant with his child. So, I decided to keep the child and leave Great Britain. When I returned to America, my mother and father were very disappointed in me. My parents were proud of my other two siblings, Ryan and Julie. They ended up disowning me. I had only my bag with some items and the clothes on my back.

I traveled from city to town until I reached a small town in Massachusetts with a great view of Mount Greylock. It took me a couple of months to get there. I met a nice lady who let me rent out one of her studios in her apartment complex. She and her family were really nice to me. I didn’t know what I would have done without their help. I felt blessed.

The place only had a living room and a bathroom. There was a plug in stove to use to cook food and a mini fridge to keep my groceries cold. It didn’t look much, but I considered the place home. I cleaned it up so that it was livable. 

After a little while, I saw my daughter open her eyes a bit to see that she had his color eyes. She closed her eyes again and snuggled against me. I held her tight and kissed her on the head. “Hello my precious,” I said to her softly.

The nurse came over to me with a clipboard. “We need to write the baby’s name,” she said to me. I looked down at my daughter. A name popped into my head. “I’ll name her Evelyn Isolt Rochelle,” I said to the nurse. The nurse wrote the name on the birth certificate. 

“You are my precious angel,” I said to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Few hours later….

I was in my own room with Evelyn next to me. I was expecting two of my friends to come through the door soon. Evelyn had been sleeping since I laid her down in her bed. Occasionally, she would open her eyes and yawn. It was very adorable.

knock…..knock……

‘“Wahhhhh!” 

Evelyn started to cry again. I learned that she didn’t like anyone disturbing her sleep. Weakly, I bent down and reached over to pick her up carefully. Once in my arms, she went back to sleep. I looked over at the door. “Come in,” I called out.

The doors opened to reveal my friends. My friend Cindy walked up to me very quickly with excitement in her eyes. “Oh my goodness. Let me hold your daughter,” she said to me. I gave her a nod. I placed Evelyn carefully in her arms.

Evelyn didn’t cry at all. “She is so adorable. She looks almost like you when you were a baby,” she said to me. She seen my baby pictures. She couldn’t keep her eyes off of my daughter. “So what is her name?” my other friend Jason asked me.

“Evelyn Isolt Rochelle,” I said to him. He looked at my daughter with a smile. “She is very beautiful Florence,” he said to me. I gave him a smile. After a while, Cindy gave Evelyn to Jason to hold. He held her close to his chest.

I saw Evelyn yawn. “She’s so small,” he said to me. I gave him a nod “She weighs four pounds and eight ounces,” I said to him. I saw Cindy frown a bit. “Oh really! She was born small then,” Cindy said with worry. “The doctor says that she’s healthy though,” I said to her. 

“That is good to hear,” Jason said to me. I knew that they would love her. “I want the two of you to be her godparents. Will you accept?” I asked them. They gave me a smile. “Absolutely,” they said at the same time. After a couple hours, they left the room for me to rest. I watched my daughter in her crib. She was fast asleep. She was perfect.

I knew that when she get’s older, her abilities would show. I had much to prepare when the times come. For now, I just wanted to enjoy the moment. My daughter was born.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~