Chapter 3: Meet A Howell

My life had changed dramatically. Besides using a wand, I was able to learn and master wandless magic. We learned that wands were very helpful in channelling our magic. Wandless magic was very difficult to learn. I managed to learn it with no problem.

I did managed to skip a few grades. Once I got to my fifth year level, I had to take two exams that would determine the classes that I would be able to take in my sixth and seventh year level. In my sixth year level, I planned to take History of Magics, Potions, Herbology, Defense Against the Dark Arts, and Study of Ancient Runes.

The last exam that I had to worry about was the Combat Action Test (CAT). It was a test of skills and powers in a live situation. It was to determine whether a witch or wizard would be able to graduate and be able to defend themselves in a certain situations.

My mother was killed in an accident along with my god parents in my second year. They were on a vacation when a drunk driver hit their car. I was notified and was to be placed in Professor Tenaya’s care until I graduated from Ilvermorny.

Before my mother died, she had a letter for me. It talked much about my father. After reading about him, I didn’t know how to feel about him. I never met him. So, I didn’t have a strong opinion about him.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Age 10…………..

Fifth year level……….

Professor Tenaya told me that we were having a new Professor this year who would be teaching for one year. Apparently, he was from Great Britain and worked as an ambassador for the British Ministry of Magics.

I was in the classroom waiting. Next thing I knew, the door opened to reveal a man. He looked to be in his mid twenties who had sharp features on his face. His eyes were a dark color. His hair was golden blonde and gelled to the side. He walked with modesty and to the front of the classroom. 

{What the…who is this guy? He looks familiar.}

“Hello class. I am Professor Albert Howell. Welcome to your fifth year in the Defense of the Dark Arts class,” he said and wrote his name on the board. {Howell? No…it can’t be…} Looking closely, I noticed that he would look at me on a few occasions.

For some reason. I was surprised that he was teaching. Of he was the Howell who I was thinking of, I expected him to work in the Ministry or something other than education. His class really made me feel awkward around him. Sometimes, he would ask me to answer a question and I answered perfectly.

After a “long hour,” class was over. I proceeded to pack my things.

“Miss Rochelle. Can you stay for a moment,” he told me. {What does he want?} Once everyone was out of the room, Professor Howell walked up to my desk. “I wanted to talk to you about something,” he told me.

“Um...Okay…” I could think of many things. The main one was that he was going to ask about my mother. “Do you happen to know someone name Florence Rochelle?” he asked me. {I knew it.} “Yes,” I told him.

“Are you related to her?” he asked me. {He is definitely walking around the bushes.} “Cut to the chase Professor Howell. You want to know if she is my mother don’t you. Here is the answer. Yes. She is my mother. You are my half brother,” I told him.