IV - Rings

After being escorted through the entire castle and several security systems, the men guide me to a small basement. It definitely has to be the smallest room in the entire castle, so it must have just been built solely for this purpose. For... me.

"Open the door and follow the tunnel to the very end. It is completely straight the entire way. The journey will take you about thirty minutes. At the end you will encounter a security system... all you will need to do is place your hand on the monitors, and you will be granted access. Good luck." One of the men instructs.

Before I know it, they both disappear back up the stairs, and I am left alone in the small basement.

Okay, okay... I've got this. I haven't been at the top of my class my entire life for nothing. I was born for this. Even King Dexter said that only I could do this.

My hand shakes as I reach for the door in front of me, and I eventually somehow gather up the courage to turn the handle. My eyes widen as the tunnel is revealed to me. Wow.

I guess in my mind I had been picturing some small, dark tunnel that would be a pain to navigate through. Unlike the majority of King Dexter's castle, the tunnel is extremely cavernous, and almost too bright. There are lights lining both of the sides to the very end of what I can see so far. I tighten the straps on the backpack they provided for me, and begin my journey.

I quickly find my mind wandering off to dark places, and where this could all go wrong. You grow up hearing about how dangerous Vampires are and how we should be elated that we are separated from them by The Great Divide, and yet here I am taking a tunnel under the wall to sneak into the territory. I don't know what to think.

Sneak into the territory. Find the castle. Walk around the castle. Make your way back around six.

I repeat the words to myself almost enough to drive myself crazy, and before I know it, I see a large, metal door that looks like the opening to a vault. Sure enough, there is a small monitor to the right of it. I place my hand onto it, and the door slowly opens. As soon as I step onto the other side of it, it closes shut.

About fifty feet away, there is yet another vault-looking metal door. This time, I am required to place both of my hands onto two monitors next to each other.

I must go through about ten vaults until one of them opens and the sky is finally revealed to me. I am taken aback when I finally reach the end. I... did it. I am in the Vampire's territory.

Oh god... I am in the Vampire's territory.

I look behind me to see the last vault-looking door camouflage itself to look like the grassy hill behind it that it lies upon. There is no way anyone would notice that there is a door there... In fact, I will probably have to contact King Dexter on my way back in order to find this tunnel again.

I don't think I have ever been this close to The Great Divide before... it is so huge. I look off into the distance to see a whole lot of nothing, but finally notice tall buildings in the distance to my left. Here goes nothing.

I shake off my coat and shove it into the back of my backpack. I feel naked in only these clothes, and these fishnets on my legs feel beyond odd, but I try my best not to think about it.

I begin making my way towards the center of the territory.

It's only about ten minutes before I am right next to one of the large buildings that seemed miles away a little bit ago. The first major difference I notice in this territory is how massive the buildings are. The only building this big in the human territory is King Dexter's castle.