V - Harry

Like a prey in front of its predator, I remain stiff and motionless.

"Hello? Do you speak English?! I said, who the fuck are you? And why the fuck are you in my office?"

I cannot move. I cannot speak. I cannot do anything.

How did I get here? How did I get to this terrifying place, in front of this terrifying man? I want to go home, to my parent's house, and go back to my normal life. I want to sit at home and patiently wait for my normal job assignment, and move into a normal, small home for an eighteen-year-old.

"She's with me." The attractive boy stands up from the floor, some of the papers falling from his hands.

The angry man stares at the boy with some sort of unique hatred before responding.

"Why are you bringing civilians into my fucking office?! You know the rules! Get her out of here!"

"Yes, sir."

"How many times do I have to tell you to refer to me as King Victor? I don't care who you are to me!"

"Yes, King Victor." The attractive boy corrects himself.

Before I can even take in what's happening, the attractive boy is rushing over towards me and leading me through several rooms. The world around me is a blur as I desperately stay directly behind the boy. We are far away from King Victor when he finally speaks.

"Who are you?" His tired voice comes out as a whisper.

I do exactly as King Dexter told me to.

"Caroline Vance."

He shakes his head rapidly, the curls on top of his head slightly quivering.

"Well, Caroline Vance, are you crazy? What were you doing in King Victor's office?"

I shrug.

"And, how did you even get in there? Who gave your rings the extra jewel?" He continues.

Trust me, I wish I knew, too. I will definitely have a lot of questions for King Dexter when I return.

"Thank you for getting me out of there." I change the subject.

He lets out a breath, fortunately deciding to drop the previous subject as well. I take a moment to glance at what he is wearing; ripped, black jeans and a simple black t-shirt. But, why do they look so insanely flattering on him?

"You're welcome, I suppose." He says, confused.

I smile at him.

"Are you insane?" He asks, and I can't help but laugh.

"You have a lot of questions."

He laughs with me, revealing dimples on both sides of his smile. As if he couldn't get any more good-looking...

"I'm Harry."

He places his hand into the space between us, eliminating the comfortable distance.

"Caroline. But, I think I already told you that..."

I reach out to grab his hand, and shake it steadily.

"You did."

We chuckle together again.

"King Victor is really hard on you, isn't he?" I say.

"You have no idea." He responds, somewhat dismissive.

His smile fades.

"I guess I'll see you around, yeah?" He says.

I nod, finally turning on my heel to walk away. Just as I reach the end of the hallway, I hear him call out my name.

"Yeah?" I turn around and ask.

"Stay out of trouble," he laughs once more before disappearing into one of the many rooms of this castle.

I have to remind myself the real reason why I am even in this territory in the first place as I attempt to shake the thoughts of him from my head.