Attacked by a ghost

If you are reading this first of all thanks. Now here's what lies ahead. Ryan is traumatized, they fall in love, and theres an unfortunate surprise. Enjoy.

Shanes POV

"This week on buzzfeed unsolved we investigate Eastern State Penitentiary as part of our ongoing investigation in to the question are ghosts real?" Ryan starts out.

The camera zoomed in on him as usual and I shook my head no.

"You can't deny that there could be something in the there." Ryan says, cocking a carefully plucked eyebrow towards my direction.

Your right, I can't. The place is probably abundant in dustmites and pigeons.

"You are unbelievable." He says laughing.

We slowly walked in and started making our way down the dark concrete halls, leaving motion lights every six feet.

"What would it take for you to admit ghosts are real?" Ryan asks turning his camera towards me.

If a ghost were to walk out and say "Hi Shane!" I'd maybe believe it, but first I'd have to rule out mental illness. I stopped and looked at him. A small grin formed across his face and we both burst out laughing.

I liked it. I loved seeing him happy.

"So now we are entering the solitude portion of the prison. It was said that from 1879-1920 there were over 5,000 reported deaths and in one incident a guard even being murdered by two prisoners."

Do you think that since its solitude we should go in alone? Ryan looked at me and flashed a uneasy smile.

What's wrong? I ask chuckling. "It just.... It sucks because I know your right." He says looking down.

You go first this time, my camera is dead, I'm going to go the car and grab some batteries.

Ryan walked in and looked around. I guess I'll sit on the bed. Okay I'm leaving now. I yelled to him through the door.

FIVE MINUTES ON THE CLOCK! I closed the door and started making my way out of the penitentiary. The minute I opened the double doors that made up the front of the prison a cool icey breeze washed over me. I walked softly, slowly trying to avoid slipping on the wet ground. I ran to my car and grabbed the batteries. I opened my thermal camera and replaced them.

"Shane help!!" A voice erupted from the prison.

The voice bounced off the walls. It took me a minute to recognize it
Ryan!

Ryan I'm coming!

I dropped my camera and started running towards his voice. I came to a set of two hallways either one could have Ryan.

Shit! Which way is it?!

"Shane help!" His voice got louder.

I decided to trust my instinct and ran down the hall closest to the door. I followed his voice all the way back to the cell where I left him.

"Shane!"

I opened the door to see my best friend lying in the fetal position shaking violently.

Ryan! Ryan! What happened?!

He layed there shivering and crying totally oblivious to my questions. Ryan! Ryan! Please, you have to answer me! His forehead was drenched with sweat and tears strolled down his face.

"It.... Was..I and..there...was." Ryans voice shook as he struggled to speak.

Ryan your not making sense! I need to call someone!!! I took out my phone and dialed 911.

I listened in horror as three monotony tones played and a womans voice said

"Your cell service is temporarily out of order please try agai---"

No! No!

I threw my phone from me and frantically searched for ideas. I have no choice I have to carry him.

I grabbed my enticed friend and threw his arms over my shoulder. I stumbled back, almost slamming against the wall, totally unaware of how light he was.

I left all our of equipment as well as our backpacks and sleeping bags behind. I ran as fast as I could go. Ryan's arms were wrapped around my shoulders.

I ran us all the way to our car and draped him across the backseat. Its going to be okay! I shouted while starting the car.

After driving for ten minutes, I glanced in the mirror to see Ryan still curled up and sobbing quietly. I stepped on the gas and floored it.