19 | Her Birthday Plan

Today was the one day before Sakura's birthday meaning it was March 27

According to the plan, Sasuke and Sakura would walk to school together because Sasori had an 'urgent' matter to attend to. 

That morning Sasuke arrived at Sakura's doorstep and told her that they should walk to the school together. Sakura noticed how Sasuke was walking faster than usual and was glancing at his wristwatch from time to time. 

"Why are you in such a rush Sasuke?" Sakura asked curiously as she looked at Sasuke. Sasuke, on the other hand, kept quiet. Then he noticed that he was still holding her hand. He turned in a blushing mess. 

"Are you okay?" Sakura asked worriedly as she saw Sasuke's face turn bright red. Sasuke turned his face away to avoid any further embarrassment.

 "I'm okay," he muttered quietly to Sakura. 

Then they walked in a comfortable silence and they reached the school. They both went to their classes and studied. The day went on as usual. Everything went normally, and at the school ended.

Sasuke and Sakura ended up walking together home when Sasuke received a message. He said 'Excuse me'  to Sakura as she nodded her head in understanding. He took a few steps away from Sakura and opened the message.

-◇-

From: Foolish Big Brother

Message: Dear Foolish little brother,

We wanted to tell you that you must keep Sakura busy till midnight. Do not let her go to the Haruno mansion as we are decorating for the party. You are to go to our house and spend time with her if she asks any question tell her any excuse. But no matter what, don't let her come here.

-◇-

Sasuke then walked towards Sakura as he gave a nervous glance,

 "You can't go in the Haruno Mansion so you have to live in the Uchiha Mansion for the time being," Sasuke said.

Sakura looked at Sakura who was nervously glancing at her but noticed that he wasn't looking at her in the eyes.

 "Why not?" She asked.

Sasuke inaudibly gulped and started sweating bullets. He glanced at her from the corner of his eyes before looking away. He felt bad as he was lying to her, his only crush, however, he was doing it for a reason. 

He was doing it for her.

As he was lying to her he could not look straight into her eyes. Though whenever he looked at them, he would always get lost in them, her eyes were very beautiful indeed, as the sun rays shined her eyes glowed making them appear as emeralds.