Chapter 5

Samuel's POV

Meeting Alexis' parents was... interesting. It was quite a surprise to see that she actually had two dads and a mom.

The two huge men were identical, from their boots to their hair. Only their eyes were different. One's eyes were a clear sky blue, the other's had a mix of colors.

Just like Alexis had said their appearance just about screamed masculine but by the way they looked at Alexis' mom I could tell that they truly cared for her. Anyone could see the hearts in their eyes when they looked at her.

And then there was Alexis' mom. She was short, shorter than me and it was quite funny seeing her stand beside her husbands. Alexis looked just like her mom, both quite short, had raven black hair, emerald green eyes and even the shape of their ears was the same!

After the introductions were over and her dads had scrutinized me for quite a long time - I thought I would never get to blink again for I was too scared to break the eye contact I had with one of them, I think they approved of me because they gave me the smallest of smiles before turning to their wife again and basically smothered her with their love.

Alexis made a show of excessive gagging at that and dragged me upstairs with her.

Now, we were in her room, and she was searching for her laptop in the mess that covered her bedroom floor. There were all kinds of things - clothes, shoes, pillows, blankets, makeup, jewelry, anything, really. I think I saw a spoon somewhere.

I was just sitting on her bed and trying to avoid getting hit with the things she was throwing around while searching.

It took her a good ten minutes before she found it but when she did, she held it up in the air like it was Simba and she was Rafiki. I thought she did it unintentionally but that was before she started singing 'The circle of life'. Eventually I couldn't help myself and started humming with her.

In the middle of the song Alexis' mom came in and started filming us while singing along. Me and Alexis sat opposite to each other and joined our hands. We started swaying from side to side and looked like we were in the middle of summoning Satan or something.

Alexis' dads looked from the doorway with concern, probably for our mental health but who cares?

When we finished they quickly grabbed their wife and left.

The thud of the door closing brought us out of it and we started laughing, me nearly rolling off the bed.

I have never done anything like this. Well, I have never had a friend either so that's probably why. I felt like a normal person, hanging out with their friend, doing silly stuff and laughing.

I felt so...free. Like I could do anything I wanted.

Suddenly, there were loud noises coming from downstairs and I nearly jumped out of my skin.

I looked at Alexis in question and she gave me a shrug, getting up and slowly making her way towards the door.

Opening the door, she peeked into the hallway and then motioned me to stay put.

"I'm going to go and see what's going on. I'll be right back."

I waited for a few seconds after she closed the door and then got up from the bed.

I didn't want to be alone and I didn't want Alexis to be alone either. What if there was a burglar? Or an axe murderer? Or a psychopath looking for young girls to eat??

Okay I'm going a bit far with my imagination but still!

Nearly tripping over my feet I followed Alexis out the door and found her looking over the railing of the staircase at the end of the hall.

She was chewing at her lip, probably debating on what to do.

Alexis cast a glance at me from the corner of her eyes and looked back down. Then, her head turned back in my direction and her eyes widened in horror, looking between me and whatever was going on downstairs.

She frantically shook her head at me and motioned for me to go back in her room.

Her waving probably caught the attention of the people downstairs because she took a quick glance there and then sprinted in my direction. Heavy stomping of boots could be heard from below.

Reaching me, she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards her room, nearly dislocating my shoulder.

Once we were inside, she slammed the door closed, locked it and started pushing her dresser in front of the door.

I stood next to the door, unsure of what to do.

"Help me! Don't just stand there!"

My body moved into action and soon we were both pushing at the surprisingly heavy piece of furniture. How can it be so heavy when most of her clothes are on the floor??

I could hear two pairs of heavy feet stop in front of the door just as we gave the dresser the last nudge.

The handle of the door was rattling and then it stopped. Then, heavy blows started landing on the door. The door was shaking, as - surprisingly - was the dresser.

Whoever was outside started making some weird growl-like noises and seemed to get more and more worked up, the longer the door resisted.

It was quite horrifying to see cracks starting to form on the door, little splinters of wood flying everywhere.

I was frozen in my place, unable to move or even blink. I could feel my body shaking but there was nothing I could do about it.

I heard Alexis yell something before there was a huge crash and two fists broke through the door.

Through the holes, I could see two eyes, one blue and the other green. The eyes were staring at me and I could only hear two rough voices growling 'mine' before my body gave out on me and I blacked out.