Comic Books

"C'mon! It'll only take me a second to talk to her!"

"No. You've bothered her enough today."

"But this time I'll be even more awesome! She won't be able to help but like me!"

Ludwig groaned. The last bell had rung a few minutes ago. He and Gilbert were standing in the hallway arguing. Gil wanted to see Elizabeta again before they left, and Lud just wanted to go home.

As his twin tried to convince him, something caught Ludwig's eye. It was a small boy with reddish-brown hair. A comic book was in his hands.

Pretty Boy.

He turned his back on Gil and went to catch up with the new kid.

"...Hey! Ummm..." He wasn't sure how to start. "So... you like comics, huh?" Ludwig cringed. Shiesse, that sounded dumb.

Pretty Boy didn't seem to notice the slip-up, though. "Mhmmm," he replied, looking up at the the taller boy. He held his book out so he could see.

Ludwig took it, fingers brushing with Pretty Boy's for a split second. Feeling himself start to blush, he hid his face in the pages. "Me too, but I don't think I've never seen this comic befo-"

Ludwig stopped when he saw the pictures. Was that.... gay porn? He felt his entire face grow bright red and awkwardly handed the comics back.

Pretty Boy smiled like it was the most normal thing ever to be reading yaoi comics in a high school hallway. "Sorry, I don't think I know your name..."

"Huh? Oh uh it's Ludwig. Ludwig Bielschmidt," he stammered.

Pretty Boy giggled. "I'm Feliciano Vargas. Nice-"

"HELLOOOOO? WHY DID YOU WALK OFF ON ME LIKE THAT?!?"

Ludwig heard his brother yelling from down the hall. "S-sorry, I have to go. Bye, Feliciano."

"Bye, Ludwig! See you tomorrow!" Feliciano waved.

Ludwig waved back. The butterflies in his stomach had only gotten more intense now that they had had an actual conversation. Nothing like this had ever happened to him before. What was it about Feliciano that made him feel this way? Lud sighed. He'd figure it out later.

Sorry this chapter is short! Hopefully the next one will be longer. :]