The Rescue

"Feliciano?"

"Maybe your 'Pretty Boy' ditched you," Gilbert teased.

Ludwig tensed. "Shut up. He wouldn't do that."

At least, he hoped he wouldn't. Feliciano had promised to meet him at the bike racks after school so they could walk home together. Now here Ludwig was, with Feli nowhere in sight.

"Feliciano!?" he called again. No answer.

"Maybe he's just late," Gilbert suggested, noticing the worry in his brother's voice.

"But his locker is closer to the exit than mine. You'd think he'd be here before-"

Ludwig was cut off by a muffled cry from the other side of the building. He locked eyes with his brother for a moment. Gil knew what he meant without having to hear him say it. Feliciano was in trouble.

Together, the two boys raced around the school to find a group of guys surrounding a small figure on the ground. They couldn't quite see the victim's features because of the thugs blocking their view, but there was no doubt it was the pretty boy.

Ludwig's fists balled up at his sides, knuckles white. "What do you think you're doing?"

Without giving them time to react, Lud and Gil sprang into action. The thugs yelped in surprise when the brothers started to fight them as an attempt to steer them away from Feliciano.

"Get lost!" the gang leader demanded from his place on the ground were Ludwig had pushed him. "These dudes are nuts!" The rest of the group obeyed his orders and dispersed.

Breathless, Ludwig looked down at Pretty Boy. The torn remains of his favorite comic was and strewn all around him. A fresh scar was across his lower lip, and his left eye was starting to swell up.

Lud's eyebrows furrowed. Why the hell would someone hurt a helpless kid like this? He bent down and held out his hand for Feliciano.

"Are you okay?"

Feliciano's smaller hand slipped into Ludwig's, and he was slowly pulled to his feet. He brushed off his clothes, then smiled up at his friend.

"I am now."

At that moment, Ludwig did something he rarely ever did. He smiled. A genuine, happy, loving smile. He hugged Feliciano close, almost like he was protecting him.

"Good."

Feli returned the embrace, resting his head on Lud's chest with a small sigh of relief.

Ludwig's lips gently pressed against the top of Pretty Boy's head. It wasn't exactly a kiss, but Feli giggled anyway.

After a moment, they parted. With Gilbert close behind, they began their journey home. Lud occasionally brushed Feliciano's hand with his own, which eventually ended in them holding hands as they walked down the street.

"If you want to hold my hand, you can tell me, you know," Feli chuckled. "I like it."

Lud felt that now-familiar warmth spread across his cheeks. "Okay."

* * * * *

That afternoon was filled with little hints. A touch of the hand here, a shoulder brush there. It wasn't until Gilbert left to use the bathroom that Feliciano made his first real move.

He waited until Gil was safely out of range, then quietly said Lud's name to get his attention. Ludwig turned his head to see what Pretty Boy had to say, but to his surprise, found a pair of lips softly pressed against his.

His face must have flushed at least a hundred shades of pink before he finally kissed back, heart pounding in his chest.

The kiss only lasted a second, but it felt like forever. "You... like me?" Ludwig was overcome with such a variety of emotions that his body went numb. Did Pretty Boy have a crush on him all this time? No. It was more of did he have a crush on Pretty Boy? All those strange feelings he had been getting, did that all mean he had a crush on Feli? But most importantly, DID PRETTY BOY SERIOUSLY JUST KISS HIM OFMFMMGFNFM

Feliciano took Ludwig's hands in his own with a grin. "Don't be silly, of course I do! I have for a long time now..." His face fell. "Wait. You like me back, right?"

Unsure of what to do, Lud gave Pretty Boy another hug. "Yeah! I like you a lot, in fact," he blurted. "I'm just surprised that you-"

"I KNEW IT!"

The boys quickly parted and took a step away from each other, guilty expressions on their faces. Gilbert had apparently returned from his bathroom break. He pointed at them, a triumphant smile on his face.

"Knew what?" Feliciano asked, almost too innocently.

Gilbert practically skipped across the room. "That you like each other! I knew it from the start!" He laughed and clapped them on the back, earning a wince from Feliciano and a blush from Ludwig. "Now are you gonna date, or what?"

"Well uh-" Ludwig stuttered.

"You gotta be kidding! You guys literally just confessed info liking each other! Just date already, you dorks!" Gil good-naturally shoved Feliciano into Ludwig's arms.

"Now ask him out, Lud! Just pretend I'm not here."

Seeing there was no way of backing out, Ludwig obliged. "Erm..okay. Feliciano," he looked down at the small Italian who was grinning from ear to ear. "Will you be my boyfriend?"

"YES!" Feliciano practically tackled him. Their lips pressed together once more, and this time Lud kissed back right away.

"Oh my god, I ship it so hard," Gilbert laughed. "You guys are freaking nerds."

Guess who's back (back back) back again (gain gain)

Hey guys! I have no excuse for how damn long this chapter took to get out there. Sorry about that. But hey, at least it's not two sentences long like the others are!

Turns out Gilbert ships gerita like FedEx. Who knew? Maybe he even wrote this fanfiction. Maybe I am ze awesome Prussia. You'll never know... *maniacal Prussian laughter*