Hate

TW: homophobic slurs

"What class do you have next?"

Ludwig and Feliciano had just finished eating lunch together for the second day in a row. The time they spent together yesterday had been fun; Lud couldn't help but go talk to him again.

"Science. You?" He looked down at Feliciano with a small smile. Ludwig wasn't the kind of person to smile a lot, but there was something about Pretty Boy that made him feel... happier he guessed. He couldn't quite but his finger on it.

"I have English. The classrooms are near each other though, so we could walk there together if you want." He gave Lud a playful wink.

Ludwig blushed and quickly looked the other way. "..Yeah, okay..." he mumbled, somewhat flustered. Feliciano giggled softly, causing his head to accidentally brush against Lud's arm.

The classrooms the boys were heading to weren't too far from the lunchroom, but Lud had to make a quick stop at his locker fist. Feliciano was more than happy to accompany him.

As they turned the corner, their light mood quickly faded.

The two stopped short in front of Ludwig's locker. Someone had been there before they had, and whoever that someone was, they had had a permanent marker with them.

Written all over his locker in messy, black ink were the words

Faggot

Queer

Gayyy

Someone had even gone so far as to draw dicks.

Nothing like this had ever happened to Ludwig. He'd never been a target of bullying before. Although this first attack he received was immature, it still hurt.

"I'm sorry."

Pretty Boy was looking at the ground, fiddling with the sleeves of his hoodie. Lud was about to ask him what he was sorry about, but stopped. Did Feliciano feel responsible for this? It's not like he had forced Ludwig to have lunch with him. Lud had wanted to, and enjoyed every second of it.

"It's not your fault."

Feliciano tensed and his hands disappeared in his sleeves. His eyes were scrunched up as if he were trying not to cry.

Ludwig put a hands on Pretty Boy's shoulders, causing him to look up at him wide-eyed and surprised. Their eyes locked.

"It's not your fault, Feliciano. I like being with you. If it was anyone's fault, it was mine."

Feli nodded slowly. "...Okay..."

Ludwig let go of Pretty Boy's shoulders. He sighed. "C'mon, let's go to class."

"Yeah..."

The entire walk to class, Feliciano and Ludwig stayed close to each other's side.

It wasn't until they had to part ways that Lud noticed they had been holding hands.