Unexpected Charms

Taehyung was happily munching on his chicken leg when Jungkook suddenly raised the bottle of soju on the table and motioned towards the actor's long-forgotten and empty glass.

"Oh, thanks."

Taehyung said with a bit of difficulty, because there was still some fried chicken in his mouth and he wiped his fingers on a napkin before he grabbed his glass and simply watched, as Jungkook wordlessly poured him a drink.

He's using both hands...

Observing Jungkook while he was not working was very intriguing, at least for Taehyung. He enjoyed their sitting arrangement quite much. Taehyung was sitting next to Namjoon and Seokjin was seated opposite of the manager, while Jungkook was sitting next to the older actor and right across of Taehyung. So far Taehyung hadn't said much and mostly ate, because he was very hungry.

Seokjin and Namjoon have been keeping the talk alive and Taehyung surely didn't miss the fondness in his manager's eyes, as he spoke to the oldest among them, but it was the same for Seokjin. He was smiling so much and Taehyung was very happy for the two of them.

But it seems like... he wasn't the only one who was aware of what was happening between Seokjin and Namjoon.

"I think you two should tone it down a bit."

Namjoon was in the middle of giving some lobster gimbap to Seokjin when Jungkook said that, but he left the piece in the oldest's plate before he spoke up.

"What do you mean?"

Namjoon asked in confusion and all eyes were now on the youngest.

"People are starting to notice. You two are not exactly being subtle." Jungkook said, as his eyes travelled from Namjoon to Seokjin. "You should stop interacting so much with each other, at least on set, where everybody is looking."

"Jungkook, you know I don't care about such things."

Seokjin spoke calmly, but Taehyung noted that Jungkook was clenching his fists and he did not look pleased with that response.

"You should..." Jungkook's voice was barely audible, Taehyung almost didn't catch the sentence, but the boy repeated his words and even raised his voice, so much that Taehyung almost jumped in his chair. "You should! You should care! I don't want you to get hurt, Hyung!"

Taehyung forgot all about the food, he was sure he wouldn't be able to digest anything at the moment anyway, not after Jungkook's sudden outburst.

The director and Seokjin appeared to be close, it was not their first time working together and they often teased each other, but Taehyung didn't know the two were that close.

"I would never hurt Seokjin-hyung!"

Namjoon almost shouted and Taehyung was suddenly very glad that they were in a private room, away from the curious eyes.

"That's not what I meant."

Jungkook grumbled and simply bore a hole into the table, he refused to match Namjoon's gaze and Taehyung once again got surprised when Seokjin started patting the director's back.

"This is about Haerin, right?"

Jungkook's shoulders visibly slumped down due to Seokjin's question and Taehyung couldn't help himself, his mouth just acted on its own.

"Who is Haerin?"

Jungkook lifted up his head and Taehyung didn't know how to react to the director's current expression. He looked hurt, in pain, more than hurt actually, he looked as if he was about to cry and Taehyung's heart ached at the possibility of seeing those lovely eyes filled with tears.