Chapter 1: Kidnapping is illegal dumbass!

Chapter 1: Kidnapping is illegal, dumbass!

____________________

"He's so perfect." My star-struck best friend, Mel gushes, popping another ketchup-covered French fry into her mouth. I don't know how she can eat those things. They taste like greasy cardboard. She and Gwen's eyes follow the boys across the cafeteria. I roll my eyes.

"You two are sick." I say. They look at me in outrage. "What? Trace Matthews and Drake Parker? Seriously?"

"You can't honestly say you don't think at least one of them is hot." Gwen says.

"Uh, yes I can."

I'm being honest. Sure, they're attractive, but they're both arrogant assholes. They vandalize things. They're horrible people. They're party animals, and they're players, and somehow, they manage to keep their grades up. I'm sure they're paying some nerds, and I'm glad it isn't me. They don't take well to being told no. They're also on the football team, and everyone loves them.

"But...everyone loves them. Why don't you?" Mel demands.

"I think they're both arrogant, self-absorbed assholes who need to do some time in the county jail." I say. "I think they're players, I think they're party animals, and I do not agree with everyone obsessing over them."

"Ali, have you completely lost it?" Gwen asks. I roll my eyes.

"Nope, my head is screwed on straight." The bell rings, and I shut my textbook and go walking off to class.

I will say that even though I have a 4.0 GPA, I'm never late to class, and I have never skipped an assignment, I do have an abundance of acquaintances in Savannah Oak High School. I do have today's style in check, and I am well known. Sure, Mel and Gwen are the people that hang out with me on weekends, and we tell each other everything, but I have someone to talk to in every class.

I take my seat next to my lab partner in the front row.

"Hi Ali." Kate smiles.

"Hey Kate." I say, brushing my brown hair off my shoulder.

"I'm nervous for the test today." She says.

I swallow nervously.

"We have a test?" I ask.

"Yes." She says. "You forgot? You, Allison James forgot about an AP Biology test?"

I bite my lip nervously. "Crap." I mutter. "I forgot, yes, I forgot! I have to take it after school so I can study during my free period! Oh my gosh, I can't believe I forgot!"

Mr. Ian walks in when the tardy bell rings, and right when he's about to open his mouth, my hand shoots up in the air. All the teachers here love me so he'll let me off easy.

"Yes Ali?" he asks.

"Um...can I take the test after school? Something came up and I didn't have a chance to study and I really can't fail during senior year, Mr. Ian I really, really-"

"You can take the test after school, Ali, no worries." He says.

Thank god.

Everyone starts the test and I write down my homework in my journal and then start to study.

I work hard, trying to memorize everything, and I don't pay attention to the noise around me. The bell rings and I jump, shove my paper and pen in my textbook and go racing to the courtyard. I sit down at a random table for my free period and I keep studying.

_______

After my test, I decide to go to the library to work on my homework. I use the computers at the library, and a minute before six, I save everything on my flash drive.

"We're closing." The librarian says.

I nod and shove everything in my bag, shut down my computer and walk out. I hurry through the campus and go out the side of the school, to the parking lot towards my car, stopping short when I hear two guys laughing quietly.

"Stupid bastard." One of them chuckes.

I look over my shoulder and my jaw drops.

There's two boys wearing black hoodies, spray painting "Fuck you, Principal Jacobson!" on the side of the school.

A gasp escapes my lips, and their laughter and movements stop just as they finish their graffiti.

Crap!

Both boys whip around, and I'm honestly not surprised to see Drake Parker and Trace Matthew.

"Get her!" Drake says, and both boys run for me.

I turn and run, digging my keys out of my backpack as I sprint for my car, but I'm not fast enough. Trace grabs my arm, and Drake grabs my other arm. I scream, and Drake slams his hand over my mouth so tight that I can't even bite him. I struggle out of their grasps, but they don't let go. Trace hands Drake his car keys and Drake hands Trace his motorcycle keys, and then Trace handcuffs me to the inside of the backseat of his car. Drake gets in and shuts the doors, and Trace drives off on Drake's motorcycle. Drake goes flying out of the parking lot.

"Where are you taking me?" I demand.

"Shut up." he says.

"Stop the car!" I yell.

"Shut up!" he snaps again.

"Kidnapping is illegal, dumbass! I'll have you arrested!"

Drake pulls over and digs duct tape out of the middle console. A protest is on my lips, but I can't say it because he covers my mouth in duct tape and starts driving again. The sky is filled with dark clouds and I pray to god that it doesn't start raining while I'm in the car with this reckless idiot.

I glare at him as he speeds down the highway. He doesn't say a word, but he keeps looking at me in the rearview mirror, and an asshole smirk gets on his lips every time.

"If you keep glaring at me like that, your eyes are going to get stuck." He says. I glare harder, and he snickers.

It starts pouring.

Of course, his crazy boy is driving, I'm trapped in this car, and he's going to get us both killed.

­­____________

Finally, he pulls over. It's eight at night and we're two hours from my house.

I'm still glaring at him.

He turns to me, and eyes me for a long time, and then he reaches for me and rips the tape off of my face.

"Ow! I have feeling in my face you know!" I snap.

"I don't give a shit." he says. He unlocks the cuffs. "Get out."

"What!" I say. "I don't even know where-"

"Get the fuck out!" he yells.

"It's dark out! It's raining!"

"Get out!" his voice gets deeper, his blue eyes turn dark, and his jaw flexes.

I grab my bag from the seat and get out.

"If anyone finds out how you got here, or what you saw today, you're going to bleed." He threatens, and I slam the door. He speeds off, the tire of the stupid blue Volvo missing my foot by a few inches.

He's such a stupid bastard. I hate you, Drake Parker.